Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hi from maryland :D

Buhbun

Cavy Slave
im in the process of building a C & C cage for my pig. and were new to the site. we love to watch tv and she likes to help me sew (by help i mean burrow under my fabric) shes a goof ball. oh is it normal for piggies to have crushes on humans? my guinea loves watching "kitchen nightmares" and "hells kitchen" and when ramsay starts yelling at his staff she starts making little weak weak noises like shes yelling at them too. an i know she cant be scared of it cause if we change the channel she gets really loud till we turn it back on then she settles down and watches it. i love my pig :love: her name is nidoran (like the pokemon)

pinky

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs wheek whenever they hear someone whistle on TV. I think they like watching TV, too. Nidoran is a great name! My Pikachu passed away in October so I named my new male Raichu because it's the last evolution of a Pikachu.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I do believe guinea pigs can have crushes on humans. In fact, I think it can also be the other way around, too. :) (Yes, I speak from personal experience.)

Have you considered adopting a second pig? https://www.guinealynx.info/companionship.html How big will your C&C Cage be?

I hope you'll enjoy this forum just as much as I have!

Buhbun

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I do believe guinea pigs can have crushes on humans. In fact, I think it can also be the other way around, too. :) (Yes, I speak from personal experience.)

Have you considered adopting a second pig? https://www.guinealynx.info/companionship.html How big will your C&C Cage be?

I hope you'll enjoy this forum just as much as I have!

its gonna be a pretty big cage. shes going to have 3 one in my room for at night one outside for nice days (only about and hour or two in the shade and supervised ofcorse) and one in the living room where she can still watch tv and be appart of the family.

and yes i have been thinking about getting her a friend i'll mostly be working in the morning but she can do with the companonship :3 saw one today i felt bad for at a pet store it was the last one in the cage and she was a small little girl reminded me of a bunny i once had. :3 gotta convince dad to let me get her. but i might adopt too. :3 i buy plenty of food and bedding and fresh food to keep more then 3 happy for a month or two lol. i keep the food in an air tight container.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
im in the process of building a C & C cage for my pig. and were new to the site. we love to watch tv and she likes to help me sew (by help i mean burrow under my fabric) shes a goof ball. oh is it normal for piggies to have crushes on humans? my guinea loves watching "kitchen nightmares" and "hells kitchen" and when ramsay starts yelling at his staff she starts making little weak weak noises like shes yelling at them too. an i know she cant be scared of it cause if we change the channel she gets really loud till we turn it back on then she settles down and watches it. i love my pig :love: her name is nidoran (like the pokemon)

Oh man, oh man, is that funny !! I have two girls that are ( 4 mos. and 4 1/2 mos.) as different as night and day, so I can't say that I have experienced a "crush" on me from either one ! Though, my piggie Buttercup is VERY affectionate towards me, nuzzles me, asks for more and more petting, WHEN she is finally seated in my lap. Once she is settled in my lap, she becomes so relaxed, and loves being my little "lap time queen" !

However, except for ONE time, she normally squeals like the dickens whenever I try to take her out of her cage !! She is strong and very agile, so she is hard to get ! My earlier attempts at a "different approach" technique did not continue to work. :confused: I have tried everything that has been suggested, to make her "taking out time", less stressful for her.

All this time I thought my baby was smart in her own way, but I am starting to think she is not so smart after all, otherwise, WHY IN THE WORLD would she still act like I am a threat, and as if life or death hung in the balance, when she shows SO MUCH enjoyment from our lap times together, every night ???!! Silly piggie.:crazy:

Cherryblossom

Cavy Slave
How did you guys get your photos to show up? I put up a photo in the 'edit my profile picture' section and it shows up when I click on my own name, but not when I post. Is it because I just joined today and I need to become a more frequently visiting member? Please help! Thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.