Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Buidling first C&C, help?

TigerzGirl

Cavy Slave
Ok, so I have had my piggies for a while but I don't have a C&C. (Yes it is the right size cage I have, but its not really... a cage. Rather makeshift but it has been fine thus far.)

I found this coroplast(click) and wanted to make sure I was reading correctly that this is 4 feet by 8 feet of coroplast for 15 bucks...

That was one question ^

Next is, anybody know where to find really cheap grids? Online or at a store would work.

Also, if I bought that coroplast how high would I need to bend up the edges, and how much space would that leave in the actually cage? Either way this will probably be a small downsize for them but I don't want it to be too much... (Current is 3 feet by 8 feet from what I remember, but I can't go the full 4 feet out because a pole and the way is in the way)

Two more questions, sorry!

About how many grids would that take also?

Aaaannnddd,
Is there anyway to use that other 4 feet on the side for anything?

Sorry this is so long, but I really need something else because what I have really isn't working very well...

Thank you in for reading all this if you made it through! I know it is rather long, and thanks in advance for the great replies I know I will get!

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
On the top of the page click on HOME and it will tell you how to make it. I also found direction on You Tube. One thing I learned measure, measure and when your done measuring measure again. Unless you're not as clueless as I am.lol I marked where I wanted to score it and measured again and found out it was wrong. Luckily I hadn't scored it yet.

Good Luck

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
The 4 mm is what everyone buys ,I think. I like the lavender it looks like.

Isn't there some place closer so you don't have to ship it. A sign store.

Last edited:

gatsbygirl

Cavy Slave
I got my grids from bed bath and beyond i also know walmart has them on their website in all colors and the 4x8 for $15 is good i spent $20 for the same size. ive never made mine and i made it this weekend using the directions on this website and it was really easy and it tells you how high to make the outside.

Geomom2010

Cavy Slave
I found this coroplast(click) and wanted to make sure I was reading correctly that this is 4 feet by 8 feet of coroplast for 15 bucks...

yes, I read that too

Next is, anybody know where to find really cheap grids? Online or at a store would work.

I live in Canada...so I am not sure if I can help, but I can tell you I got mine from Wallmart. I had to do a lot of leg work to find the grids that are a perfect square with the right inner squares (9x9 inner squares). They were 24.99 for 13 grids (the first set I bought). I went back two days later, and they had them on sale for 19.99.

Also, if I bought that coroplast how high would I need to bend up the edges, and how much space would that leave in the actually cage? Either way this will probably be a small downsize for them but I don't want it to be too much... (Current is 3 feet by 8 feet from what I remember, but I can't go the full 4 feet out because a pole and the way is in the way)

Two more questions, sorry!

About how many grids would that take also?

When I was making my C&C cage, I made a drawing/floor plan of what I wanted to make, and then I counted the grids...

Aaaannnddd,
Is there anyway to use that other 4 feet on the side for anything?

You can see some things in the accessory photo album

TigerzGirl

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for the help! The piggies appreciate it too! Hopefully I can get the supplies in soon and get to building!

KateandOscar

Cavy Slave
You could always use the extra four feet to make a loft of some sort, or a kitchen area with a bin sort of thing underneath.

pigsandme

Cavy Slave
I know this is off topic, but I can't figure out where to go to start a new thread. Sorry for the stupid question, I just can't figure this out :crazy::confused: (I'm crazy confused. Haha!)

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I dont make my own threads very often so I had to look.lol Toward the bottom of each section it says Post Thread.

pigsandme

Cavy Slave
I dont make my own threads very often so I had to look.lol Toward the bottom of each section it says Post Thread.
Thanks! I was lost

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.