PDA

View Full Version : Ivermectin Complete turnaround with appetites

crazy4looney2n
03-09-11, 02:04 pm
I treated my 2 boars (they are both about 4 months old) with Ivermectin for the 1st time on Saturday due to one of them constantly complaining when we pet him. It wasn't as if he just didn't want to be petted, it was as if it actually irritated and maybe even hurt him. Before I treated them it would take over 2 days for them to finish their Oxbow pellets (1/2 a cup) and I would refill the hay rack only every other day with meadows hay. The veggies they would always scarf down in a matter of just minutes so I was never concerned. Now I'm seeing a sudden increase in appetite. I fill the hay bin (wire crate folded in 1/2) up to the top and fill the pellet bowl too before going to work in addition to them getting their veggie salad and when I come back from work both the hay bin and pellet bowl are completely empty. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed an increase in appetite after treating cavies with Ivermectin.

FlowersGrandma
03-09-11, 02:26 pm
I treated my 2 boars (they are both about 4 months old) with Ivermectin for the 1st time on Saturday due to one of them constantly complaining when we pet him. It wasn't as if he just didn't want to be petted, it was as if it actually irritated and maybe even hurt him. Before I treated them it would take over 2 days for them to finish their Oxbow pellets (1/2 a cup) and I would refill the hay rack only every other day with meadows hay. The veggies they would always scarf down in a matter of just minutes so I was never concerned. Now I'm seeing a sudden increase in appetite. I fill the hay bin (wire crate folded in 1/2) up to the top and fill the pellet bowl too before going to work in addition to them getting their veggie salad and when I come back from work both the hay bin and pellet bowl are completely empty. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed an increase in appetite after treating cavies with Ivermectin.
I haven't when I treated my two, but it could be because he just feels so much better now. Could be it also coincided with a growth spurt too. Glad he's feeling better though.