Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Space between cloroplast and grids

ashoak

Cavy Slave
I've got my new C&C cage built and am eager to get my piggies in their new home. However, I followed the instructions, but there's a gap in between the cloroplast and the grids. When the taller back of the cloroplast box is pushed all the way back to the grids, there is an almost 3 inch gap in the front. Is it supposed to be this way? I emailed Sue at C&C and am waiting a response, but thought I'd post here to see if you all could help as well.

cuponoodels

Cavy Slave
I got mine from Sue too, and yes there should be a gap. It shouldn't be a problem, but if you're insecure with the size just measure it to be sure that you're getting the approximate measurements you were sold.

llonka

Cavy Slave
My cage is like that too. I didn't measure so I figure that's why. I don't think it should be a problem though. As long as they have room to run and play, I don't think they really care. :cheerful:

lissie

Cavy Slave
The gap shouldn't be that big. A 1" gap is fine, but 3" is too big.

veronicaxmm

Cavy Slave
If your pigs are like mine they might try and get between the coroplast and the cubes and get stuck. Is there any way you can remeasure?

pinky

Cavy Slave
Can you overlap your grids a bit on the sides and retie them with plastic ties? That way you can shorten the length so you don't have that gap.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.