Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Oscar :)

KateandOscar

Cavy Slave
So I have been posting and lurking on this site for a while now, and I just felt like introducing myself more formally. I only have one pig, and yes I do know he needs a friend, im working on that right now. I am also working on expanding his cage, because living with parents means you dont really get a say in things, especially if it involves the "rodent", which I think is unfair, but thankfully I think I will be getting a new cage soon anyways, so all is good :). Anyways, my one baby is named Oscar (though I may have to rename him because im still not sure about his sex...) and he is a peruvian. His face, and just his face, is black, then he has a thick stripe of white untill his back legs, and his butt is a mix of a caramel brownish color and dark brown, almost brindle colored. I keep his fur mostly shorter, definitly not the foot it gets up to, haha that would be hard to manage. He is the most outgoing, loving pig I have every met. Even when I first got him and he was in a new place with new people he would come right up to the front of the cage, stand on the edge if you opened the door and stick his head out begging for attention. After about a week he would squeek at me when I walked in, asking for attention or food, and if I stay in the room and dont give him attention, he starts to chatter his teeth and demand attention. He is so adorable, and for some reason his favorite place to sleep is the litter box...dont ask me why. Maybe because his hay is right there as well as his food? I dont know, but he loves it. He has a pigloo, and he goes in there often, and he usually drags his chew toys inside to chew on them alone, haha. I got him from a friend of mine, and I have no clue where she got him, but it was probably from a petstore :(. She had him in a petstore cage, which is what im currently using, but planning the expantion right now! She didnt ever care for him, her mom did most of the work, which just meant they gave him hay and food and water, and whenever they had extra veggies they gave it to him, not on a regular basis. His cage was on the floor of a living room, and they have 3 cats and now a puppy, which might have stressed him out. This person didnt do any research or anything, and when I got him they told me that the hay was only optional, and we didnt have to get him...Its not like they were really mistreating him, like I hear in some of those horror stories, but they wernt even trying to make his life better. Im glad I have him not, and he is in a good home, with comfy fleece bedding, with people that love him.

Kel0123

Cavy Slave
Your piggy sounds like a total charmer! Glad to hear he is living a better life with you now. Hopefully u can find him (or maybe her) a roommate soon!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.