Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Member Introduction

tiggertoo

Cavy Slave
Hello! This is my very first post, ever, on a forum, but after lurking here for a couple of weeks, I finally gave in to the urge to be a community contributor!

Our long-time family pet Shadow the dwarf hamster (best hamster in the world!) passed away recently. She was beloved by all who knew her. My daughter came home from school two weeks ago, and told me the sad tale of her friend who had to get rid of her guinea pigs. They had already put them on craigslist, but would love it if they could give them to someone they knew. All I could think of was “would they be snake food?” So I hopped online and started researching. The first thing I found out was that guinea pigs are nothing like hamsters!

Fate in the form of Google took me to Cavy Cages, then Cavy Spirit, GuineaLynx, and this forum, and I was hooked. I bought my grids, had a wonderful local sign shop make my coro base, stocked up on vegetables, visited a local pet supply store (no animals) for hay and pellets, went to JoAnne Fabrics for fleece, and brought my girls, Sophie and Ginger home.

Sophie and Ginger love their new cage, and having an endless supply of hay available. Within three days, their personalities changed entirely. They blossomed! Thank you Teresa, for what you do.

This forum has been invaluable in assuring that I give Sophie and Ginger the best care possible, and I thank you all for that! I look forward to new friendships, and an endless supply of information and advice.

Mori106

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome!! I, like you, have found this site to be very useful and it has allowed me to give my piggies the best of the best. I even have a friend who owns guinea pigs and is surprised by the home I have built for them. I told her about his site and she was definitely intrigued as well. Good luck with your little girls and have fun!!

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome! It's wonderful to read posts like yours! So glad your guinea pigs have found a wonderful new home. Be sure to post pictures :)

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
That's just great! Welcome a-board! We love to see pigtures if you can upload any (I understand some folks are having trouble doing so).

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Hello and a big WELCOME !! :)

I am so sorry about your loss of Shadow. I had a loving adorable teddybear hamster once too. I also had a sweet sweet gerbil named Chipper for my first pet was I was 10 years old and it took me a long time to get over his death, so much so that my parents ended up surprising me with a puppy ! ( I hadn't even asked for one)

I am so glad that you found this wonderful site too ! We all look forward to your piggie pigtures of Sophie and Ginger and their new wonderful home(cage) that you built for them !! Again, welcome to our community !

tiggertoo

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

linshad02

Cavy Slave
Welcome!
I love this forum.
Mori106, I am in the same boat as you. My friend got me interested in pigs and she has all of the "don't do's". She wants me to build her a cage now.
Tiggertoo, what you have done is wonderful. It sounds like your pigs will have a happy life.

Supermissdeedee

Cavy Slave
Well welcome! Im very happy your giving those pigs the life they deserve! Im sorry about your hamster!

Stef41

Cavy Slave
Welcome!

Very sorry about Shadow :(

Very glad to hear of the new life you're providing for Sophie and Ginger! Can't wait to see pigtures!

KiwiCavyAdorer

Cavy Slave
Hallo and welcome TigerToo Ginger and Sophie! RIP little Shadow

Oh its so lovely to read your intro - thanks for a treat today! Looking forward to your stories, it's great you've decided to "become visible" - I am sure you will love it here, I do!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.