Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello and thank you.

missingbuddyX5

Cavy Slave
Hello all, I am a happily married father of three. The kids are 13, 9, and 6. I am a mechanic by trade and my wife is a school teacher. She currently works in the home schooling our 3 but has worked professionally as well. Sadly we lost our sweet Buddy suddenly last night. She was only 4 1/2. We all are heart broken as she was the sweetest companion we have been blessed to know. I'm sure that after we heal a little we will open our home to more happy piggies but not quite yet. We had a very touching "service" for Buddy in the garden this morning with all the kids helping. It was sweet to watch them say good-bye. We stumbled on this site while researching local adoptions and it seems to be a great source for information and resources. I love the fleece lining in the cages and will look into this as we are more ready to adopt.

andy

cuponoodels

Cavy Slave
Hi Andy and welcome to the board.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. But I think it is so wonderful that you and your family decided to hold a service for your little friend.

It's great that you're choosing to adopt, I hope you the best in finding a new furry friend for the family!

See you around!

cetd27

Cavy Slave
Hi Missingbuddyx5.

Welcome to the forum, I am really sorry to hear about Buddy, what a beautiful thing to do, holding a service for her. When you and your family are ready to open your hearts up to a new piggie or two, Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue is really great. You probably found them already, but I wanted to let you know about them just in case you didn't find them yet.

I got my (neutered) boar from them a month ago and my Sugar bonded with him right away. The whole event was very exciting and fun. I brought my kids with me. They hold adoption meetings once a month at their foster piggie parents homes. Here's the site,

Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue

Stef41

Cavy Slave
Welcome Andy.

I am so sorry to hear about Buddy; losing a piggy (or any beloved pet) is so difficult. :weepy:

I wish you and your family luck as you heal and continue to miss your Buddy, and also wish you luck in your search for a new piggy(s) to adopt in to your home!

KiwiCavyAdorer

Cavy Slave
Hi Andy,

glad you found the forum, its full of wonderful info and aide in here. Did you see there is an adoption thread? Members post in there when their circumstances change.

My condolences to you and your family at your Buddy's passing. How lovely that you all marked her worth with respect. Cudo's to you.

maines pigs

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your lost welcome to the forum thou.

missingbuddyX5

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for your kind words. We've had a great day of reminiscing and hanging out together. Our kids have had more than their share of death so this cut a little deep. We're already planning the new "condo" for the next lucky guests though and this seems to be helping them deal. It's still going to be hard to walk up the stairs and not hear her holler "hey, where's my timothy hay fella".

andy

crazy4looney2n

Cavy Slave
So sorry to hear about Buddy but Welcome to this wonderful forum. You will find a great deal of useful information, so when you and your family are ready to adopt you will all be prepared to start the new lucky additons on the right foot. I think it's so much fun to build a C&C cage and I see you are already planning for it to be a "condo". I think it's a great oportunity for a fun family project and I'm sure your children will benefit in helping out with the "condo" for the future cavies. Improving the "condo" as time goes by to keep the cavies from getting bored is also fun. I just created a fleece forest for mine and they LOVE it! Your children can have fun creating it and watching the cavies play in it. Here's the link to the instructions https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/hot-tips/59489-cage-fleece-forest.html Have fun!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.