Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finally found my "Sons"

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
Today was a long day, mostly spent driving, but it was worth it. I am now the proud mommy of two brown and white boys; Sherlock and Holmes. I saw them on petfinder a few days ago, and fell in love with them and their names. I'm a pretty big fan of mystery stories, though I haven't really read any of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I'm so excited; it's been at least 14 years since my childhood guinea pigs (including Brownie) died. I've done plenty of research, and I can't wait to shower them with love and proper guinea pig care.

SherlockHolmes-1.jpg
Sherlock is the one with the white patch on his face and Holmes has a completely brown face.​

I'm having fun watching them explore their new cage. So far they've moved their food bowl from the corner to the middle; which is probably a better spot. Though, I think they're trying to move it into their hiding spot. Though, I was surpised that my sweet cat Oliver hissed at them. I don't think he knows what to think, but I'm supervising them.​

Tonight I'm just leaving them be to explore and get used to their cage. They're watching me watch them.​

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
Awww congrats on the new babies...

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new piggies! Enjoy them.

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
Thanks. I have alot of work to do tomorrow, namely rearrange my room...without freaking the boys and my gerbils out; though the gerbils don't seem to care. :)

nnvjenn

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new babies! I also picked up a baby today trying to come up with the big little guy's name!

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your new babies! I also picked up a baby today trying to come up with the big little guy's name!

Thanks! Mine came with their names, I just liked them too much to really change them. What does your new piggie look like?

nnvjenn

Cavy Slave
I like their names. They are precious! My little big guy is short-haired with brown, white, and black. He's calm and sweet. Here is a computer generated picture
(not the greatest for depth).

KiwiCavyAdorer

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on finding your "sons" its really precious when you've been looking AND THEN you spot them! - seems to me that guinea pigs sometimes manage to find their people too!!

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
OH wow !! How cute are your new "Sons" !!! I loved what KiwiCavyAdorer said ( man it seems like I like a lot of what she says) about how piggies sometimes find US !! Heehehhhee....how very sweet they are, too !! Congratulations Mom !!

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
Thanks, and yeah it is really great when you finally find them. Now to just get them used to me. I sat down in the area I blocked off for their first floor time and they did walk around me, and over my feet. They even took test nibbles of my shoelaces...something I'll have to remember tomorrow. :) Boy they loved the "salad" they had this evening, especially the romaine lettuce; though Sherlock immediately grabbed one of the pieces of golden bell pepper that was on the plate. They got approx. 1/8 a slice of orange, a small slice of the pepper, and a handful of lettuce each. I even enjoyed the rest of the orange, who knows maybe the boys will give me an excuse to eat a little healthier. :D

nnvjenn

Cavy Slave
...who knows maybe the boys will give me an excuse to eat a little healthier. :D
That is what I've been thinking as the browse the veggie isle for guinea pig veggies. lol

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
This seems like a busy time for adopting pigs. May you have many happy years with Sherlock and Holmes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.