PDA

View Full Version : Cat proofing the new cage

llonka
02-18-11, 02:39 pm
Hello!!

I finished my cage, hurray! Now i'm having troubles keeping the cats out. I had three left over grids so I zip tied those on top. Then my husband went and got some wire shelving. Come to find out they aren't wide enough. I hate having the door closed, and everytime I go to check my kids have opened the door and one of the cats is in the cage.

Is there anyway to use the shelving and close the gap so they can't get in there?

crazy4looney2n
02-18-11, 02:59 pm
How big is the cage and can you attach a picture of the cage as it is at the moment?

llonka
02-18-11, 03:32 pm
It is 2x4.5, i'll try to upload a picture again.

KDonohue
02-19-11, 03:42 pm
Can you bend the grids at a 90 degree angle and zip tie them all to one side of the cage so that part of them is hanging over and then attach the wire shelving unit to that? It would make up the gap so you could use what you already purchased.

llonka
02-20-11, 10:17 am
Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband when out and bought another shelf. So now my piggies will be safe and sound! I kind of double it up in the back so that way it's extra strong. You can keep the cats out, but they aren't gonna stay off. So now they can watch the piggies, but not get in there with them. :cheerful:

Will try to get some pics up, for some reason it hasn't been letting upload my cage pictures. :(

crazy4looney2n
02-21-11, 08:24 am
That's great that your piggies will now be safe from the cats. I think many people are having trouble downloading pictures. I can't download any either.

llonka
02-21-11, 10:56 am
That's great that your piggies will now be safe from the cats. I think many people are having trouble downloading pictures. I can't download any either.
That's what I wondered! Guess we'll just have to wait until it's fixed. :(