Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Canadians: Will Ivermectin ship across the US border into Canada?

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
I asked this question in Stanley's thread, but I figure I'll most likely get more answers if I post this question alone here.

I want to order some pour-on Ivermectin for my piggies to treat for mites just in case, but I don't want to order until I know it can make it across the border. (I have no idea what Customs stops/lets through). Especially because I don't want to have to deal with amazon and refunds and crap if it doesn't.

Anyone have experience with shipping Ivermectin from the states?

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
If the site doesn't say anything when you list your address and does not outwardly say that they do not ship to Canada, then they do ship there. The shipping is going to probably be quite a bit more, though.

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
If the site doesn't say anything when you list your address and does not outwardly say that they do not ship to Canada, then they do ship there. The shipping is going to probably be quite a bit more, though.
Oh yes, I have just experienced the shipping that costs more than the product. -sigh- but still cheaper than a vet visit to get it.

I'm just wondering if you are ALLOWED to ship drugs like Ivermectin across the border? I know there are limitations on medications used for humans that can make it across, so I'm wondering if veterinary drugs like Ivermectin will get stopped at the border?

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
I don't have any experience with this personally, but from what I have read, the site will usually re-direct you to a page saying that they cannot send it or something of the sort.

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
Okay, well, I'll hold out on completing the order until tomorrow morning just in case there are any more answers that tell me otherwise, but hopefully I can get it.

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
I also just noticed this above my order, I wonder what this means? Bah, why can't canada just have Ivermectin: "Please note that your country may charge import duties, taxes and fees that you may have to pay ahead of delivery

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
...No one knows? D:

ajb123

Cavy Slave
Instead you could just buy Advantage for cats. It treats for mites or lice etc. Just make sure you buy for a kitten and be very careful about how much you put on your piggie. https://www.guinealynx.info/dose_calculator.html <--- that site has info on all sorts of medications you can and cant use on guinea pigs and how much you should use on them. I'm not sure if you can only get Advantage straight from the vet? I just had some already for my cats. Either way the guinea lynx site could probably help you find something else that you wont have to order online. Hope this is helpful!

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
I'm positive you can get Ivermectin in Canada! Check Greenhawk or a local feed store.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.