Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Want a C&C but have no room.

eena31

Cavy Slave
I really want to build a C&C for my girls but I have too much furniture(antiques that i'm not willing to part with) and no significant wall space to have a 2x4 which I know I need for two guinea pigs... Any ingenius ideas to help me so I can have a cage big enough for my girls without that much space.:eek:

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
If you can move a few things around, you can usually configure a C&C cage even with space constraints. The first order of business is to find a good location, one where there is frequent traffic but isn't too noisy. Usually, a living room, wide hallway, or game/TV room is a good choice. Once you've chosen your location, you need to decide which things you can move around or put in another room.

It's really important that you provide plenty of space for your guinea pigs, so please consider all possibilities - moving things around, getting rid of anything, etc.

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
You make room where ever you can. Your guinea pigs dont have the option of leaving the cage when they want to strech their legs. You can get a board and put it on top of a table or dresser. As well as you could stash stuff under beds, couches, on shelves to clear up space. If you make a cage with a stand then you can keep all the guinea pig supplies in one place. Not many of us have huge gaping homes and we all do what we can to make the spaces in our hearts and hopes for our snuggly money pits! lol

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
For wall space you could do a 3x3, it would stick out form the wall more but would only take up 3 cube lengths of wall instead of 4, and has a lot more room for your piggies than a 2x4.

Rearranging furniture is not only a way to create space, but it's also good fun too. I love rearranging my room. I sometimes do it once a month if I'm feeling adventurous.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I have an L shaped living room - dining room. My cage fits between an armoire in the dining room on the left and the side of my couch in the living room on the right. They are all lined up on the wall. You don't notice the cage when you walk in the living room because my couch and loveseat are in an L configuration and the right side of the cage is in the area that's open where the arms of the couch and loveseat butt up. My loveseat sits facing the living room but also divides the two rooms. The couch is against the wall.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.