Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Why are they ALWAYS trying to get out?!!

kaite13

Cavy Slave
Every time I do floor time I set up a huge pen or block of part of a room for them. Every time I put them out for floortime ( which is every day for at least 2 hours) they try to move the cubes- and usually suceed. I've put up things so they can't move the grids but it's alot of work. Sometimes it gets so stressfull I have to put them in the bathroom with the doors closed for floortime.Then they try to chew the doors of my bathroom. I don't like doing this though as I like floortime open and near me. Please HELP this is really stressfull and I can't let them run in my room because they pee EVERYWHERE.

kaite13

Cavy Slave
OMG! They just got out again! I just put some boxes in front this time, but please help!

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Try setting it up against a wall so that there are only 2 possible escape points. Then work on reinforcing those possible exits so you don't have pigs on the loose!

kaite13

Cavy Slave
Ya, I do that now too. The problem is my pigs have REALLY strong heads. Lol. They lift up the cubes... they are troublemakers.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Do you have any hideys in there? Are they trying to get back to their cage? Try put something from the cage in there so the are familiar with the scent.

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
Stanley does the same thing. I leave the room to go pee and come back to a piggy trying to jump into the hay bin.

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Hehe it seems like nomatter how much space they are given its not enought right?
I eventually gave up with my pigs and got a new box of grids and ziptied them together. But leave the two ends not zip tied so you can fold them up, just use binder clips to keep it closed. They still have a lot of room and they cant escape, they try, but they can't :)

kaite13

Cavy Slave
Hehe it seems like nomatter how much space they are given its not enought right?
Exactly! They are given tons of room, but it's never enough. They always want more. Maybe I will swich the floortime area?

kaite13

Cavy Slave
Okay, ya I am sooo happy!:) The girls are now in our basement since it's finished now so I do floortime down there. The floors are wood so I put fleece down and they just stay on the fleece:tearsofjo! I think they are scared of the wood floor! Let's hope it stays that way!:silly:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.