Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggie Shuttle would be great

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
You know, it's funny, but I notice all the time one post will say something like "I want a pig in New York" an another says "Pigs in PA need home." There are so many neighboring states that have one person wanting pigs and another trying to find a home. These people don't get together often because they are unable to travel to get the pigs. I wish I had the time and money to start a "Piggie Shuttle Service" bringing homeless pigs to people who want them. *sigh* Just a dream I guess.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
I wish it was easier to transport piggies too. There is an overabundance in CA and not so many or none in certain areas.

There is a gp transport group on yahoo groups if you or anyone else is interested.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Yes, I know how you feel. I live in Vermont, and I could take a pig or two, but nobody is near me.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
Yes, I know how you feel. I live in Vermont, and I could take a pig or two, but nobody is near me.

Check out Amiable Animals, they are right on the VT, NY border, and have lots of fosters in VT.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
I get my licence this June... could I help? Or am I too young?

oceansoul41

Cavy Slave
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to let people know that I live not-too-far from Texas Rustlers, and would love to help some of these boys and girls find forever homes by being a leg on a GP Transport.

It would be cool to have a sticky thread or something with the names of transporters and locations. (I looked up the yahoo groups and there doesn't seem to be that much activity in the gp transport groups.)

~angela

nikilovesdogs

Cavy Slave
Angela,

You might want to email Julia at Texas Rustlers directly and see where she needs help with transport. I'm sure she'd appreciate it! :)

Niki

sunshineprinces

Cavy Slave
I think having a sticky on a GP transport is a good idea. I'm working on finding homes for the gps in Seattle, and am hoping somebody could bring some of them a little farther east for me. It's also a really great way for people to help if they can't actually adopt themselves.

Pigz n Blanket

Cavy Slave
Yeah, especially in this instance (the 150 GP's). It would be nice if someone brought a bunch to Pullman (alot closer to Moscow) that way more people would be able to get one in the case that they weren't able to drive all the way to Seattle.

Talishan

Cavy Slave
Please also do join the GP transport group on Yahoo.

The group is very inactive when there are no needs. When there are needs, especially a big run with a lot of legs, it gets really active really fast.;)

Bless you all for helping.:cheerful:

nikilovesdogs

Cavy Slave
I joined a few Yahoo groups today. I'd like to help if/when needed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.