Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Piggie Owner

ThomasC

Cavy Slave
I have been browsing the forum now for a week or so looking for ideas and answers to questions. I got my first piggie male named Mr Punky Pork Chop from my daughters about a week ago. After a few days I got him a friend, a male named Cookie. Both are the same age, 5 weeks now. Seem to be very happy and they do alot of running, popcorning, and makes tons of noise.
Cookie is very tame and easy to pick up and loves to have his head and chin scratched. I think he is an American Guinea Pig. Solid black with a white nose. He has one white foot.
Punky Pork Chop seems to maybe be a Dutch Guinea Pig. He has a silver color on his head then white, then silver on he but end. He has a longer coat of hair than Cookie does.
Would love to know for sure of their breeds.
Anyway, i've been browsing awhile and figured I would sign up and say hello!

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
Punky Pork Chop? hehe Goofiest name I've ever heard! Cute though! :D
Well welcome to the forums!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Breeds for guinea pigs tend to relate less to the colors of their fur and more to the type of fur they have. Can you post pics of each? Then we would be able to identify their breed for sure.

ThomasC

Cavy Slave
Hi again! The first image is Punky Pork Chop and the second image is Cookie!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Punky looks possibly long-haired American Agouti and Cookie looks more satin American. Does Cookie's fur feel very smooth/silky? Is it very shiny?

ThomasC

Cavy Slave
Cookie has very shiny and smooth fur.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Okay, then I would say Satin American for Cookie. Both are very cute!

ThomasC

Cavy Slave
Thank you very much for help identifying their breed. I suppose I was just curious as to the breed of them. They sure are sweet animals.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Punky Pork Chop looks like he might be part silkie. His hair flows back off his head and it looks like the hair in the back is longer. Since he's so young, you probably won't know for sure until you see if his hair grows longer or not. Cookie is an American. I'm not sure about being a satin. Satins are very high gloss, not just like the normal sheen of an American. Their fur almost looks like it has a metallic shine to it, almost like the finish of a car.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.