PDA

View Full Version : Bottles? Th Flat-Bac?

Cocoacavy
01-18-11, 09:29 pm
Hi everyone! I was just wondering:
Is the flat-bac water bottle okay for Guinea pigs?
With my scientific knowledge, I realized (or wondering) that the spring( that keeps the water ball from sliding back) may rust in water. Is this so?
If any questions, PLEASE ask. Even if you are confused. All posts will be GREATLY appreciated, and I will reply asap.
Thanks.
Here is the link, if you were wondering:

Super Pet Flat Bac' Water Bottles - Feeders & Waterers - Small Pet - PetSmart (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753357)

Is it cheesy? Is it really bad? does it rust whatsoever? I really had to ask- before I open it and used it. Thanks, again.
Please don't get mad at me either for choosing the "wrong water bottle".
I will return it if it is that bad. :)

Ash-Ro060708
01-18-11, 10:32 pm
I use those water bottles for my guinea pigs(they got them for Christmas) and so far they work fine(and look super cute). You just have to be careful because the little ducky can fall out. lol

PrincessAngel
01-18-11, 10:47 pm
I don't think any of the water bottles should rust, I am not sure what metal they are made from but it is most likely aluminum or stainless steel. Neither of those metals should rust. I have a bottle that is almost 7 years old and it has never rusted (I don't know what happened to the very first one). Those flat back ones though are cute so just a piggy preference, and they prob leak less than the balls, I have one with the little stick thingy and it doesn't leak at all.

Cocoacavy
01-19-11, 07:29 am
Well, I was thinking that it should rust while looking at one of our binder clips- that is extremely bad... I was thinking it was the same material too.

HannibalLecter
01-19-11, 08:12 am
I use those water bottles for my guinea pigs(they got them for Christmas) and so far they work fine(and look super cute). You just have to be careful because the little ducky can fall out. lol

Do they work on a C&C? I don't really get how you attach the snap-lock to the cage wall from the description.

jenga122
01-19-11, 08:31 am
Seems like a good idea but the reviews on it (from your link) do not look very promising. I would love to find one that doesn't leak at all though.

Domino & Bedhead
01-19-11, 08:35 am
I had exactly the same bottle and it lasted a week before it cracked so I certainly won't buy one again, little duck was cute though. The little ball is stainless steel I think so it doesn't rust and I have had other bottles with the ball that is spring loaded which keeps them from dripping and have not ever had a rust issue.

Sirene
01-19-11, 10:13 am
I have the glass version: Super Pet Chew Proof Glass Water Bottle Bowls & Feeders (http://www.lnt.com/product/bowls-feeders/11442-510356/super-pet-chew-proof-glass-water-bottle.html)

and love them. I believe all the metal parts are stainless steel (as they should be in water bottles). They've never leaked (knock on wood), though obviously if you drop them or hit them against the faucet, they will break.

Ash-Ro060708
01-19-11, 11:50 am
Do they work on a C&C? I don't really get how you attach the snap-lock to the cage wall from the description.

I got mine to work fine on my C&C. I just attached it so the bolt is sitting on a cage bar and tightened with a screwdriver. I could take a photo if you would like.

brindyzoeycandy
01-19-11, 01:54 pm
I love these bottles - they work *great*.

It's not hard to attach to a C&C at all.

Cocoacavy
01-19-11, 05:58 pm
I have the glass version: Super Pet Chew Proof Glass Water Bottle Bowls & Feeders (http://www.lnt.com/product/bowls-feeders/11442-510356/super-pet-chew-proof-glass-water-bottle.html)

and love them. I believe all the metal parts are stainless steel (as they should be in water bottles). They've never leaked (knock on wood), though obviously if you drop them or hit them against the faucet, they will break.

Well, that is a pretty good water bottle. :) where did you purchase it from? ( Just curious.)
Thanks everyone.

Sirene
01-19-11, 06:02 pm
Well, that is a pretty good water bottle. :) where did you purchase it from? ( Just curious.)
Thanks everyone.

I got mine from LinensNThings online (where I linked to). It's a great place to get pigloos, Fiddlesticks, bowls, bottles, etc - CHEAP! It looks like they are out of stock atm, but they will get more in, they always do.

Cocoacavy
01-19-11, 07:16 pm
I was only curious about rust b/c it happened to my binder clip already...
If I already told you that, I am sorry- but it was really bad...:cheerful:

Cocoacavy
01-19-11, 07:19 pm
I got mine from LinensNThings online (where I linked to). It's a great place to get pigloos, Fiddlesticks, bowls, bottles, etc - CHEAP! It looks like they are out of stock atm, but they will get more in, they always do.

Do you need to pay for shipping? Or how long does it take to come to your house?( beside rushing..)