Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is this cage safe?

annouska05

Cavy Slave
Hello! My name is Anna, I'm from Greece and 2 weeks ago I got my guinea pig! A beautiful crested...!!!Her name is Sienna. Her cage is 57*30 but I want to buy another larger.I saw one very nice & big and i wondered if is safe sor her and pigs in general to climb this height?These platforms I think can go a little bit lower! I really need your advice!Thank you!!! :)

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
The "box" it comes with on the side of the cage has plastic wiered flooring which is unsafe for guinea pigs. The height on the shelf is ok, but instead of buying another expensive pet store cage, you should really invest in a C&C cage where you also can have the room to get her a friend.

Guinea pigs are highly social animals & need a friend of their own kind, your company isn't nearly enough, and nor is the cage for any more than one pig. And in all honesty the cage looks much smaller then the measurements you've stated.

Visit piggyparadise.co.uk, or google her. She will ship C&C cage kits all over the world if you email her. She's in the process of moving so the cages available are quite few. But please contact her instead of getting another pet store cage. Or make one yourself of C&C or alternative materials.

annouska05

Cavy Slave
Sorry but what is C&C?I saw this cage live in a pet shop & is big enough.about 1 meter lenght. Mine is half of it!And about the plastic wiered flooring, I paln on putting clothes inside or s/th like that.I know that wiered floor is not appropriate. :)

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Cubes & coroplast, the cages recommended here. Visit the gallery for pictures.

annouska05

Cavy Slave
Ok got it!I saw them!Thanks for the advice!:p

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
That cage is way too small and is not appropriate to house a guinea pig.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
If the cage's usable space, not the outside measurements are indeed a metre (39 inches) in length, and at least 76cm in width (30 inches), you are providing the bare MINIMUM of space for only one guinea pig.

And the cage on the picture looks much smaller than that, especially the inner measurements. Which is what should be counted. Don't be fooled by measurements provided by the company as these are the outside or upper measurements taken, not the actual space your cavy will be living in.

gidgethansen

Cavy Slave
I love my C&C cage. I bought a reg. store one and its cost me 69.00 dollars.. The C&C 2ft by 6ft cage cost me 70 dollars and is sooooo much bigger. My little piggies had room to run. And thats really what you want.. They need to be able to really get and go and not just walk and turn around. I now use the store cage for when Im cleaning my big cage, and travel.. You will love the C&C cage and so will your piggy.. Also I agree with getting anther one.. they really do love having company. Just make sure its the same sex as the one you have now. Enjoy your little Cavy.. they are so much fun.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
A C&C Cage is not only better, it is amazing! You can easily customize a cage to fit your home in any room, and you can interact with your guinea pig more with a more open layout. With a C&C cage, you will instantly see your guinea pig's personality blossom, with increased vocal activity, exercise, popcorning, and zoomies. A happier guinea pig is a healthier guinea pig, so it also means fewer vet trips. Instead of a sickly piggy stuck in a tiny pet store cage, you will have an energetic, vocal, and happy guinea pig with a large space to exercise and play. To me, a C&C cage is the only option! You can learn more about C&C cages here: https://www.guineapigcages.com

My C&C cage cost me only $15 and provides nearly three times the space of the largest pet store cage available in my area. To me, there's no cage that can top a C&C cage.

Good luck!

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
Um.. I highly recommend a C&C cage- and that cage isn't good, because (upstairs) she/he shouldn't be walking on plastic. At lest cover it with fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.