PDA

View Full Version : C&C Small Improvements to Cage

MyLittlePiggy07
01-14-11, 04:11 pm
So, I've made a few small improvements to my C&C cage.

Picture below..

1. For my piggy's potty box I now use carefresh. (Aspen shavings were sticking to everything!)
2. Decided clipping hay up on the side of the cage was easiest (now he can't pee on it).
3. A pipe for him to run through
4. Cut toilet paper roll
4. He now gets Kleenmama pellets & hay!

Also, for some reason ever since I switched to a C&C cage rather than a store bought one... he never wants to come out of his cage. =[ It's so hard to catch him. I'm hoping it just means that he loves his cage so much that he doesn't want to leave it. When I eventually get a hold of him and pet him he falls alseep and makes his chirping noises.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/DrowningFlames07/CIMG1176.jpg

kaite13
01-14-11, 04:14 pm
Very good, much better!
Cute piggie, mine run away too. I think they are just scared of being picked up.

Cocoacavy
01-14-11, 06:47 pm
"Applaud!"
What a nice and neat cage! Excellent! I love the fleece. Where did you buy it from??
Yeah, my piggy runs away too.

MyLittlePiggy07
01-14-11, 07:21 pm
Thanks for the compliments. My boyfriend's mom gave me the fleece. She had new fleece that was sitting in her house for months & she knew I was making a cage for my piggy so she said I could have it. Unfortunately she doesn't remember where she got it from. It was sold as a blanket, but it fits perfectly in the cage. I didn't even need to cut it down!

sdpiggylvr
01-14-11, 07:27 pm
I'm glad you made some of those great improvements to your cage! It looks wonderful. If you're looking to add some more furnishings, here are a few great places: Jens Custom Crafts (http://www.jenscustomcrafts.com/), the Cozy Cavy (http://cozycavy.com/), and Windespirit (http://windespirit.com/).

cam767
01-14-11, 07:46 pm
Great job!! I bet he's loving his new pad now. My first theory when someone says it's now harder to catch their GP in a bigger cage is because there is more room for them to run and evade. lol I think it's probably easier in a smaller cage because they had no where to go and you could corner them easier. My 2 don't like to be caught either. Sometimes they enjoy floor time and others they just can't wait to get back to their cage. They also have a 3x5 so it's extra large for the 2 of them. It was definitely easier for me to catch them in the smaller cage than it is in the 3x5. Hubby and son have no problem but I guess that's cause they are much quicker than me. ;-)

Rnd210
01-14-11, 08:51 pm
My Hubby and son have no problem but I guess that's cause they are much quicker than me. ;-)

Same here, they have no problems, but it seems like it takes me forever to catch them.

My theory about that is they are boys and don't have mothering instinct to protect, so therefore they are not afraid that they may hurt them. I am slower and more gentle because I don't want to take the chance of hurting them. But then again, if I remember my psychology right boys tend to be better with perception and girls are better at judging space (how much can fit in a certian bowl).

MyLittlePiggy07
01-14-11, 11:30 pm
:D
Same here, they have no problems, but it seems like it takes me forever to catch them.

My theory about that is they are boys and don't have mothering instinct to protect, so therefore they are not afraid that they may hurt them. I am slower and more gentle because I don't want to take the chance of hurting them. But then again, if I remember my psychology right boys tend to be better with perception and girls are better at judging space (how much can fit in a certian bowl).

I know what you mean. I don't want to hurt my little guy so usually I strategize a way to get him out without causing him too much annoyance. Now I wait until he runs in his litter box & then pick the entire box up. Then I can take him out of the box & put him on my lap. =] I love him. My little fur ball makes me so happy. :D