Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage placement???

iloveanimals

Cavy Slave
Lately Ive been trying to convince my mom about getting my gp Buddy, a biggercage (2x4) and a playmate.lol After reading everything I showed her she said that Buddy probably does need a playmate and cage. The only probelem is she doesn't know where to put the cage. In our living room there is PLENTY of space but she doesn't want to get the floor dirty or anything like that. It is a perfect spot for a 2x4 though. Any ideas on how I can get her to like the idea of having a cage in the living room? :?:

MaddysCavys

Cavy Slave
Guinea pig can be a JOY to be around.
You can listen to their little wheeks and give them a lot of attention, even pet them and say hi when you walk by. They will be a lot more friendlier.
Also, just have a little vacuum so you can vacuum little poos when they escape! Haha.
When company comes over they will be "awed" when they see your piggies and big cage & care you put into them:)
It's good for everyone!

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
There are easy ways to resolve the "dirty floor" issue. With guinea pigs, there's always going to be a bit of mess. With any pet, really. You simply have to be resourceful and creative.

For example, I find that you get a lot less hay on the floor with a rolling canvas hamper like this one. You can get a hamper with casters so that you can roll the hay "hamper" along the ground, instead of carrying a pile from the hay bag/box to the cage. If you use fleece, you'll also be escaping the mess that comes with the disposable stuff. If you frequently vacuum up the mess with a non-electric vacuum and once a week do a full vacuum clean, you should be able to keep the mess in check.

Good luck!

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
Well, first, you HAVE to be positive that your parents are satisfied with the first guinea pig- like no animal in the house. The area around the cage should be spot-cleaned every-day, and you shall always keep the area nice-smelling in a way. You also should make sure you do things without having your mom telling you to do it. This WILL help alot, and this is my game-plan now. I already convinced for a larger cage- now I need is a companion.
Hope I helped. :D
P.S: Make sure you vacuum the area around the cage DAILY. It helps with allergies, and it keeps it lookin' good.
P.S.S: Maybe you wanna make sure the cage looks clean and organized? It is a good thing to do that- for example if the poops are everywhere and the toys are scattered and turned over- NOT good. Also the food must be cleaned around once, daily.
Just for your info. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.