Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mouth Carrot stuck on teeth?

Mazzy

Cavy Slave
Hi, I know this isn't exactly a "vet problem", but I can't think of anywhere else to ask. This morning, I fed my piggies carrots as usual(baby carrots), and somehow poor little Mu got the carrot stuck on his teeth! Like there's literally a baby carrot chunk in his mouth with his teeth stuck through it! He doesn't like to be handled, and is a bit skiddish. Can you please tell me what to do? I tried to give him a treat to see if he could eat, but my other piggie, TK, took it from him. My mom said that the carrot would soften up with his body heat and fall off, is she right? Please help, I am a very concerned piggie mom.

Shahbazin

Cavy Slave
I'd worry that it could be a choking hazard; I'd monitor it for a while (maybe 10-15 minutes) & if it's still stuck, I'd go ahead & pick him up & manually remove the carrot piece. Maybe use the "piggie elevator" box method of catching mentioned in the "Tips" section of this forum?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.