Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Looking to buy a C&C cage in the Ottawa area

eena31

Cavy Slave
I would be willing to pay someone to build one for me. I have one pig and am looking into getting another one possibly so I would like it to be at least 2x4 with a loft. I will pay for the materials and a little extra for labour. Please contact me!

Canada

Cavy Slave
Aw man I would've built it but I live in Oshawa! You should make your own know it's easy! The Coroplast is at Home Depot the grids and connecters are at Bed Bath and Beyond and when if you go to home depot ask for Corugated plastic :) hope this helped!

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Ottawa in IL or Canada? I am very close to Ottawa, IL. I actually go there quite often. I would be happy to make you a C&C cage, and can even use zipties for added strength. It also makes it so that you can pick up and move the cage around.

eena31

Cavy Slave
Trex,

Unfortunately I mean Ottawa, Canada... I would be willing to build it myself but I lack a certain creativity to do it.

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Sorry, I just realized where you were. I read that top headline of, "Canada Canada, Mexico, Argentina & other South America."

If you can't find someone to make one for you, you can always buy the kits online here. I think you can buy a base of whatever you want like 2x4, 2x5, etc. I also think they sell kits for a loft, so you could buy the base and loft kits.

eena31

Cavy Slave
that's ok. I looked at the store here and they no longer ship to Canada unfortunately. I'll just have to keep asking around.

Thanks for offering

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
We will be shipping to Canada, but it's probably going to be a couple of more weeks. I have to wait for a software upgrade.

LuvThePig

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario. You can get the grids at Canadian Tire, sometimes on sale if you have time to wait. (broken link removed)

The coroplast can be found at Rona on Merivale Road, or I'm sure at other Ronas too, about $20 for the sheet.

They're really easy to make, just look at the designs on here as there are some great ones. :)

Domino & Bedhead

Cavy Slave
The cages are very easy to do and I also got my grids at Canada Tire. We used the plastic ties to clip them together and went to a local art store and got the coroplast to line the cage with. There are a ton of ideas here for what kind of cage you may want and putting the grids together is very easy and you would be very proud of yourself. I have changed mine twice and are planning on change 3 to add some more room and they are almost getting along, kinda sorta. Good luck with your cage. :)

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I made my first one. I have a hard time making anything like them but I made my first one. It's not that hard just measure five or six times. And then measure again. lol

daltonpearson

Cavy Slave
i would suggest hiring a high school student to do it just show them the how to page How to Make a C&C Cage and then show them a picture of a loft like the ones in the store and they should be able to understand it you could ask a niece or nephew or go to the animal shelter and ask one of the student volunteers.

YayPiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm in Ontario too, just farther away. You should know that the people at Rona probably won't know what you're talking about-Check the aisles yourself just in case.

It's really a lot easier than it looks- I made my pig ramp with just a sheet and a pair of scissors. If you have any sort of blade you should be fine. Measure twice, cut once!

eena31

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario. You can get the grids at Canadian Tire, sometimes on sale if you have time to wait. (broken link removed)

The coroplast can be found at Rona on Merivale Road, or I'm sure at other Ronas too, about $20 for the sheet.

They're really easy to make, just look at the designs on here as there are some great ones. :)

Thanks for the advice, will be checked out

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.