Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stuffed animals for a lonely single pig

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I have a lonely single pig who hates all the pigs she's been introduced to. We have run out of options and frankly given up for fear she will attack another pig and do some serious damage. I've concluded that she needs a stuffed animal to snuggle with. My problem is I can't seem to find any stuffed animals without chewable protrusions. She's a big chewer, and so I need something without anything she can chew up or swallow. Do you know of any places I could purchase a little stuffed friend for her?

lissie

Cavy Slave
You can shop in baby stores. Babies are like guinea pigs, they put everything into their mouths and try to chew off pieces. Most stuff animals that are made for babies will not have button eyes and etc that they can choke on.

ETA: I have found some safe stuff animals at Ikea.

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Try a dog toy.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
You can always stuff a sock or make piggie pillows with just stuffing and fleece. My pigs love those.

partygirlha

Cavy Slave
love that sock idea. I'll have to start saving the odd socks that I generally toss out. Thanks

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Ikea even makes (or used to) a guinea pig stuffed animal. I'm going to try and get one of those myself for StandsForTreats. He has a little Snoopy right now, but it's not big enough for him to lean on, which I've noticed he likes to do with soft things...

Peggysu

Cavy Slave

The above photo is just so darn cute. The only thing is it has the beans inside and if you have a chewer I would be concerned about the beans becoming a choking hazard.

Here is Peggy enjoying one of the piggy pillows I have made. The next set I make I think I'll make them less plump so they can have a variety.

Last edited:

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
I've found some at a dollarstore. I just remove plastic eyes if any. My pigs love to chew the ears, noses and tails hahahah

natashia

Cavy Slave
I made a sock teddy and it went down a storm :) one thing I've found is if I give my piggies a teddy - make sure to cut off any labels first. I gave them one a few weeks ago and it had a little label (you know, the fabric ones etc that are sewed on) and I came back and half of it had been nibbled!

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Do you guys know if they're okay with animals with beans in them. It looks like peggysu has a beanie baby in hers. I won a stuffed animal out of a machine for .25C... I actually was going for it with the piggies in mine, but I didn't know it had beans by it's bottom, so I wouldn't want to put it in there if it isn't safe. I'm thinking I could put it in there, and see how they do... If they try tearing him apart or something I could take him out.

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Or maybe removing the beans and sew it back?

friddee

Cavy Slave
Or maybe removing the beans and sew it back?

yeah i would do that, and put some more of some safe kidn of stuffing in there.:) Remember to sew it tightly so they dont open it right away lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.