Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Along The Airing of Grievances

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
It seems to me that perhaps people need an outlet for their aggression. I keep seeing personal battles erupt on threads. Tensions have been high lately. There are hurt feelings and people seem to need an outlet. Here is your chance for as long as the mods leave it up.

All I ask is that we keep it as civil as possible. Don’t get personal and of course no name calling.

If you have a problem with something someone said on a thread that can be addressed here then copy the quote, place it here and have your say. Let’s avoid the arguments on the original thread.

Maybe if people come on here knowing that they may get "called out" for something they said they will be less surprised to see a retort in a separate thread.

Of course people that have been demoted to "Cavy Person" from "Cavy Slave" will not get to "play". However since they have been demoted their input is already in question on this forum so it’s probably for the best.

This is probably a really bad idea but I figured "what the heck".

So just to start things off. I know I have made plenty of people upset because of some of my posts so here is your chance. Have a go at me. Unless something is said that is untrue about me I will not fight back. If I have something to say I will be as nice about it as possible.

Who’s first in line to hit me with the stick?

Teria

Cavy Slave
*smack* I just don't know why, I have no grievances with you. *G* But the opportunity was too good. *smack again* *runs* *calls back* Cool idea though! :)

laura220

Cavy Slave
Anybody got a punching bag?

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
Okay, I have no grievances with anyone - however, I'm stressed here at work! So, I'm standing here with my stick and ready to smack someone -- anyone wanna say something dumb?? Come on..... LOL

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Most of the people who really got me going were banned, so there's no point in beating a dead horse. (Sorry horse people, I really just couldn't think of another way to say it.)

Teria

Cavy Slave
Baby Bears: "something dumb" - There, I said it. Now what? *runs*

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
*running after Teria swinging stick wildly* puff-puff, slow down and give me a chance!!

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Wasn't this meant to be a serious thread? It backfired hehe

Teria

Cavy Slave
I hope I didn't annoy voodoojoint by turning this into something fun. That was not my intention. I only think that people have become slightly too serious about the stuff currently happening here. This is a guinea pig cages forum, not a holy crusade, so I believe we can all take it a bit more lightly. *hugs everyone who wants to be hugged*

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
laughter is the medicine ,or so they say...although I knew someone with broken ribs that would disagree.

Personally I'm glad it didn't stay serious.

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Hey, I figured people would be mad t me for my passionate posting, but then again, I've been a little scarce lately.

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
*hugging everyone* AWW!! Group hugs! How nice to start that Teria!!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Sorry everyone but this thread is turning serious again

FurryCritters

FurryCritters said:
I don't believe I owe anyone an apology - I was just expressing my views and feelings.

I was also expressing my views and feelings. I feel an apology is in order for insulting an entire country, wanting to dance in the streets when they suffer a national tragedy...oh and I forgot...for showing a desire to invade Canada. As you said "It would probably only take us 48 hours to take them over - everyone would probably be hiding under their beds."

FurryCritters said:
You narrow minded hypocrites criticize to your hearts content about anyone who doesn't share your point of views.

This was unclear. Am I one of the people you are calling a hypocrite? If so please point out your facts for this opinion. I don't believe I ever said anything hypocritical.

FurryCritters said:
I am so tired of reading posts from people who think they are so high and mighty. Voodoo you did to Poohbear what Slap had done to her last week, but I guess it was okay because it was coming from you.

Please point out where I treated Pooh badly. I pointed out some facts about her behavior that caused her to be banned, could cause her to get re-banned and I offered sound advice to help her. Her reactions were irrational at times but I never was mean to her.

FurryCritters said:
I have yet to see the title Moderator under your name.

Nope I'm not a mod. I feel that everyone can moderate their own behavior and help others realize when they are crossing lines. If you think I am over-stepping boundaries please feel free to report me to the mods...it's happened before and nothing came of it. The reason nothing came of it is because I do not cross "boundaries". Sure, my views are harsh but I supply facts, I don't get personal and I know where to draw the line.

FurryCritters said:
Maybe Poohbear needs some compassionate understanding - didn't someone on here that teens have moods swings, but I forgot that was only for Slap.

You seem to have a selective memory. I gave Pooh compassion and understanding. I stated that I felt she was having mood swings and even recommended a wonderful book for her to read. I was one of the few people that actually tried to help her rejoin this forum by offering sound advice. If she had followed my advice and managed to keep her emotions in check she would probably still be here.

I also need to ask why you are dragging Slap into this. None of this has anything to do with her.

Last edited:

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
ChadWPB said:
Hey, I figured people would be mad t me for my passionate posting, but then again, I've been a little scarce lately.

Chad

I'm ticked at you. Get your opinionated and passionate posting back over here and take some of the heat off of ME!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
FurryCritters

If you are going to make heated remarks you need to be prepared to back them up when you get "called" on them.

Replying to a rational retort with "I'm not going to waste anymore of my time one you" Lends you no credence.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
What was all that about?? Cant even miss a day on here without being left behind!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
You gotta be quick around here Guinea Girl

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
FurryCritters is being irrational. She is mad at me for telling her what mistake she was making on her pig's nutrition (only offering hay 2-3 times a week) and apparently has been left sore. I did not mean to hurt anybody by the point I offered.

Voodoo deserves nothing you are saying to her.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Was that the thread where people said they may have only needed to refill the hay every few days? Or a totally different one?
Drama's Drama's ....I still can't get over some of the poor advice being given at another piggie site we have heard alot about lately, nice people but gee wizz...it's sad.

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
There's another piggie site that's not so hot? Where have I been, I didn't see that thread! *slapping myself to wake up*

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.