Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to buy C&C stuff?

piggie_pig

Cavy Slave
I need to find a local place that sells the material as I can't afford to order it online. The stores that are close to me are Walmart and Home Depot. I don't know if Michales will have that kind of stuff. But any ideas would be helpful. :D Thanks

amcashes

Cavy Slave
Wal-mart has the cubes but I am not sure if they are good to use or not. It may be cheaper to make an alternative cage though. Many people do this. However I didn't because I can not seem to be happy with any of my cages.

CCcages

Cavy Slave
Try Bed, Bath & Beyond

piggie_pig

Cavy Slave
Try Bed, Bath & Beyond

they carry this type of stuff? I never knew that.. Thanks I'll head out next weekend and check it out.

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
I got my grid cubes from Kmart for $20 & I got more than enough! The Wal-Mart by me didn't have anything for grid cubes. Coroplast you will probably only find at sign shops. I got a 4X8 sheet of coroplast for $15. I called local sign shops & asked what their prices & size of sheets are. I think I got mine for a good price so I'm happy about that!!

piggie_pig

Cavy Slave
Well I'm using something different to line the bottom of it. I'm building my own wooden bottom so that I can put the cage together an drop it into the wooden box. About 2 inches high an 2 feet wide and eather 3 or 4 feet long I haven't decided yet. I just need the cage parts.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Some people use plastic shower curtains.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
Is the woode box going to be a replacement for coroplast or like a stand? If it is a replacement you can use peel and stick tiles on the bottom to protect the wood. And you can use the wire closet shelving as the sides of the cage, which are found at HomeDepot and Lowes.

piggie_pig

Cavy Slave
Is the woode box going to be a replacement for coroplast or like a stand? If it is a replacement you can use peel and stick tiles on the bottom to protect the wood. And you can use the wire closet shelving as the sides of the cage, which are found at HomeDepot and Lowes.

oohh what a good idea! I got extra tiles from my bathroom D thanks so much! :D

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I know you said you can't order online, but there's this really great place that sells a nine-pack of grids for only $8 plus shipping, (broken link removed). If that's not in your price range, (broken link removed) sells a set of either seventeen or eighteen (I forget how many exactly) grids for $20.
For coroplast, skip the sign shop and go straight to the distributor. (broken link removed) has been a really great store for low prices on coroplast.

Check FreeCycle or Craigslist for grids in your area. You might be able to find an even cheaper price. Be sure to check for nine squares across on each grid for it to be safe.

Good luck!

piggie_pig

Cavy Slave
I know you said you can't order online, but there's this really great place that sells a nine-pack of grids for only $8 plus shipping, Seville Classics. If that's not in your price range, BB&B sells a set of either seventeen or eighteen (I forget how many exactly) grids for $20.
For coroplast, skip the sign shop and go straight to the distributor. GE Polymershapes/Sabic Polymershapes has been a really great store for low prices on coroplast.

Check FreeCycle or Craigslist for grids in your area. You might be able to find an even cheaper price. Be sure to check for nine squares across on each grid for it to be safe.

Good luck!

according to the BB&B site there "sets" are of 4 and that's 20$ the secondd site is a better price so I might be getting those :D

Sirene

Cavy Slave
according to the BB&B site there "sets" are of 4 and that's 20$ the secondd site is a better price so I might be getting those :D

Just FYI, the "sets" are the number of storage cubes in a box. The grids are the individual panels that make up the storage cubes. I think mine (from BB&B) had 16 grids in each box.

piggie_pig

Cavy Slave
Just FYI, the "sets" are the number of storage cubes in a box. The grids are the individual panels that make up the storage cubes. I think mine (from BB&B) had 16 grids in each box.

it says "includes four 14x14 cubes and 20 conectors" does that mean there's 16 in there?

CCcages

Cavy Slave
Yes. Each "cube" consists of 4 grids.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I think the new BB&B cubes come with 18 grids. 16 grids for the storage cube and 2 extra ones for the shelves. See the picture on this page: (broken link removed)

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Yes, I counted by going off the picture because BB&B seems to have a new set, not the old one that had only sixteen grids. I'm pretty sure this one has eighteen. Even better!

jenga122

Cavy Slave
I just got some Grids from Wal-mart and they deliver it to the store for pickup for 0 shipping fees. (site to store option) They were $25 for 17- 9x9 grids. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Black-Wire-Storage-Cubes-Set-of-4/5005199 Although when you are making a cage there were not enough connectors so I zip tied some of them. My flooring I used a scrap piece of vinyl floor for now which I got free from my brother in law. You may be able to call a local flooring contractor and see if he has a scrap 5'x8' piece that you will take off his hands for him. That will save you a little until you can afford what you want and vinyl flooring works pretty good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.