Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How long does it take?

Canada

Cavy Slave
So recently i got 2 new Guinea Pigs from the store there 6 weeks and i made the mistake of getting them a store cage but i recently ordered a 2x4 C&C and a 2x2 loft kit :D. So does anyone know how long it will take to get here i live in Canada,Ontario,Oshawa also is a 2x4 with the loft big enough? Cause i recently spoiled them i got them a sleep-E-tent a cozee thing lol treats and lots of hay :3Anyways my original question was how long will it take ?:p

Canada

Cavy Slave
Does ANYONE know?

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Depends on where it is coming from and how long it will take to cross the border. Be patient, it will come eventually! It's nice to see another Ontarian! I would love to see some pictures of your pigs! Double check that they are the same sex- petstores often mis-sex their pigs, and you don't want a pregnancy on your hands! It would also be a good idea to get them checked out by a vet- it is very common for petstore pigs to have mites, URI's, etc. What kind of pellets are you feeding them? Almost anything you buy from the petstores are crap. Oxbow and Kleenmama's are the best you can buy. All petstore treats (excluding those hay blocks which are pretty much useless) are bad for pigs, some even dangerous to their health, and should be tossed. Check out the stickies in the Diet and Nutrition section, they are EXTREMELY helpful! Finally, welcome to GPC! :)

Canada

Cavy Slave
Thanks for replying :3 Btw I did not get them from the pet store I got them from a friend and there both the same sex(Sisters) there so cute! I will upload photos soon lol and I feed then those Yogurt dipped Timothy hay pellet things Fiesta makes it and I feed them Nutriphase Gold and Western cut Timothy hay also I use Carefresh natural they love it and they have a Sleep-E-tent and a comfort cup I think it's called so if that's bad cage accessories and food let me know asap! Please I will be sad if I made another mistake (like buying them a pet store cage) So if you have any other questions that could help ask me :3 I'm new to guinea pigs and any tips let me know! ......-also if I have any spelling mistakes blame my iPod lol

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
Thanks for replying :3 Btw I did not get them from the pet store I got them from a friend and there both the same sex(Sisters) there so cute! I will upload photos soon lol and I feed then those Yogurt dipped Timothy hay pellet things Fiesta makes it and I feed them Nutriphase Gold and Western cut Timothy hay also I use Carefresh natural they love it and they have a Sleep-E-tent and a comfort cup I think it's called so if that's bad cage accessories and food let me know asap! Please I will be sad if I made another mistake (like buying them a pet store cage) So if you have any other questions that could help ask me :3 I'm new to guinea pigs and any tips let me know! ......-also if I have any spelling mistakes blame my iPod lol

Ditch the Yogurt Timothy hay pellet things and the Nutriphase. Guinea Pigs are lactose intalerant and can't have any milk products.

You can order KM's pellets here (broken link removed) or you can get Oxbow Pellets at a petstore or online. KM's pellets are only available online.

The tent and cuddle cup are fine and the timothy hay should be okay. The Care fresh is fine too, but when you get your C&C cage you may want to look into using fleece blankets with towels or something absorbant under the fleece as carefresh can get very exspensive with the bigger cage.

Canada

Cavy Slave
Oh ): Sorry I'm still new to Guinea Pigs and never knew that takes for the heads up I will order those now :) Thanks again and do you think walmart would have Fleece blankets?

RoxieJo

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to guinea pigs! Walmart does have the fleece... I just saw last night that where I am their various winter printed fleece blankets (snowflakes, snow men, Christmas trees, red, green) in a size 60"x60" is on sale for $4.99. Make sure to feed your piggies veggies too- check out the thread on Diet and Nutrition for awesome info about what kinds of veggies are best :silly:

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
Oh ): Sorry I'm still new to Guinea Pigs and never knew that takes for the heads up I will order those now :) Thanks again and do you think walmart would have Fleece blankets?

Don't feel bad, everyone makes mistakes, atleast you are correcting them, that's what matters. You came to the right place to learn what is best for your guinea pigs.

Canada

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to guinea pigs! Walmart does have the fleece... I just saw last night that where I am their various winter printed fleece blankets (snowflakes, snow men, Christmas trees, red, green) in a size 60"x60" is on sale for $4.99. Make sure to feed your piggies veggies too- check out the thread on Diet and Nutrition for awesome info about what kinds of veggies are best :silly:
wow only 4.99 I'm going to check that out today :) and I keep getting told to go to that thread so I will and my piggies love Brocolie, cucumber and lettuce so tell me what else I should give them :)

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Start by looking here:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/diet-nutrition/24770-sample-veggie-menus.html
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...g-nutrition-charts-poisonous-plants-list.html

Only feed lettuces (any kind except for iceberg) bell pepper (1/8th per pig per day) and cilantro until they are eating all three of these veggies. These are staples and should be fed daily. Once they are eating those, you can introduce in other veggies. Broccoli should be limited to once or twice a week.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Please re-examine your care routine. Do you have a good cage? https://www.guinealynx.info/housing.html Are you feeding quality pellets and hay? The best are supplied by Kleenmama's at (broken link removed) and Oxbow, which is available at pet stores and online. Are you feeding a varied mix of vegetables each day, about a cup per pig? Visit the links Louie_Joey gave you to get a good idea of what you can feed. Are you using safe bedding such as Carefresh or Aspen shavings? If you can, fleece is a really great bedding option. Tasha's Tails: Writings from Amy and her cavies: fleece Are you providing plenty of out-of-cage time in a piggy-proof area? https://www.guinealynx.info/exercise.html Do you have comfortable beds and toys for your guinea pigs? (broken link removed) (broken link removed)

Visit Guinea Lynx at https://www.guinealynx.info/index.html for more.

Good luck!

Canada

Cavy Slave
Start by looking here:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/diet-nutrition/24770-sample-veggie-menus.html
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...g-nutrition-charts-poisonous-plants-list.html

Only feed lettuces (any kind except for iceberg) bell pepper (1/8th per pig per day) and cilantro until they are eating all three of these veggies. These are staples and should be fed daily. Once they are eating those, you can introduce in other veggies. Broccoli should be limited to once or twice a week.

Oh ok thanks for the heads up :) i will limit there broccoli :) and give them more lettuce im really trying to give my 2 piggies a good life!
Thank you everyone else for giving me links and tips!

Canada

Cavy Slave
Everyone :) i have just went shopping for my Guinea Pigs almost all day hehe I made myself a 3x4 (The reason why it's a (3) cause I had extra grids and also cause the Coroplast was huge and I don't waste) I baught them Oxbow pellets more western cut timothy hay and I got them alot of toys :) I found Cilentro which was really hard to find but the lettuce and bell peper was easy to find :p I'm currently using fleece for bedding I made them a kitchen area and I'm using the natural carefresh for the bedding in there kitchen area ( the carefresh is extra from previous ) if there's any other things I should get let me know asap! And the C&C cage I ordered will just be scrapes for my new cage or it will be there playpen?

eena31

Cavy Slave
Where did you buy the cage from? I tried to order off the store linked to through this website and it does not ship to Canada? I am very interested in these cages and cannot find anywhere to buy them in Canada

Canada

Cavy Slave
I baught it off the store (its on the homepage of this website) and I just realized they don't ship to Canada anymore weird :S also you would be better of making you're own if you live in Canada then you should find the grids at Bed bath and beyond and the Coroplast is at Home depot for 29.99$ I think :)

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome !! Can't wait to see your girls.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.