Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Neutering/Spaying Introduction Male to Female after neutering

sstickly22

Cavy Slave
My male was neutered last week and is doing well.  I think I remember that I need to wait 2 weeks before introducing him to my females.  Is this correct?  Is it 14 days exactly??Thanks

idramaxx0

Cavy Slave

pinky

Cavy Slave
My vet said to wait 4 weeks.  I think it was to make sure he was all properly healed up, in addition to being infertile. He was like a little wild man when I put him in with the girls. They very quickly put him in his place.  I felt bad for him at first because he seemed intimidated. It took a little while, but he became king of the castle. They all bow to him now. He has one favorite female so he cuts her more slack than the other two. He doesn't bother the senior female. He does not like the other one and will snap at her if she tries to eat along side him.

sstickly22

Cavy Slave
Wow I have never heard anything longer then 2-3 weeks.  I feel 6 weeks is excessive!  Sperm don't have a life cycle that long.

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Better is to ask your vet.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
It is safe to wait 2-3 weeks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.