Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Enlarged Lymphnodes or abscess?

Doxie

Cavy Slave
I found a lump under Ponyo's neck about where an adam's apple would be. The lump is hard and actually feels much like a man's adam's apple but maybe a bit harder. She is still eating a lot, drinking plenty and is active. Ponyo will be going to the vet on Monday but I'm just worried about a few things.What should I be expecting when she goes to the vet? When is to young or small to go under anesthesia? And does an abscess feel different from an enlarged lymphnode?

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately there could be lots of possibilities. Without a biopsy you won't know.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
What did you find out at the vet about this lump?

TweeksMom

Cavy Slave
What did you find out?
I'm currently dealing with a possible cervical lymphadenitis. Wish I would have thought sooner today at work and sent a culture off to the lab......kicking myself right now!!! Next time, a culture will be sent off!
My pig boy is 9 wks old and did great. I masked him down with isoflurane gas.

Fresita

Cavy Slave
My little boy has the same... and i just discover it yesterday night, i really want to know how what happened to your cavy. Mine acts normal, he jumps, eats a lot, purr... like it nothing...

Good luck

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.