Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Heggies My Hedgehog Oscar

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I think I'll make a c&c cage for him too! I find that he mostly sleep & eats - whenever he's awake, he just eats then goes to bed again! Anyone else have a hedgie like this?

PICTURES! I think they are the cutest things. If you make a c&c for him I think you would have to use the mesh kind of grids.

Okay I'll try get pics! They are cute :D but this one is certainly grumpy. He is tame but he hates me touching him. He's alright once he knows who I am though. He had floor time with my piggy, Chico, just now.

There are some pictures of hedgie C&Cs in the photo galleries, once they get back up.

They are already back up slap, just so ya know.

Myspoiltpiggies said:
Okay I'll try get pics! They are cute :D but this one is certainly grumpy. He is tame but he hates me touching him. He's alright once he knows who I am though. He had floor time with my piggy, Chico, just now.

How did the floor time go? Do they like each other? I think hedgies are so-o-o-o adorable! You are very lucky to have one. I would love one, but I already have 4 cavies, 3 cats and 2 kids. My plate is full.

Enjoy your hedgie! :)

I didn't even know you could buy hedgehogs til I found the breeder who was selling Oscar! It was on (broken link removed), just found the ad by browsing, for no reason at all I just felt like it. Chico was really keen to greet Oscar but Oscar just did a huffing noise at him hahaha, he does that to me too. It's like 'hfffffff' really weird! I think Chico thought he was a female guinea pig at first, bless him, because he saw Oscar from afar and came sprinting over to him!

Too cute!!!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
What's it like having a hedgehog as a pet? I'll have to research them. Maybe I wouldn't be allergic to them! :)

Sorry for the long wait for pics! I think I'll manage to send in some today. Well.. my hedgehog seems to sleep, eat, sleep, sleep, sleep. Lol! I try to get him out as much as possible, but he doesn't like being picked up. He's okay once he recognises the smell of me though :eek:) He has paddles in the bath when I clean his cage (supervised) and not too deep, although they can swim. He gets floor time too. This is my first and I've had him for nearly 3 years now! Wow, doesn't feel like it! I think a hedgehog would be a bit of a boring pet for a child, though a teen or adult would find it interesting. I like observing him. He has cute beedy eyes and his nose moves up and down when he breaths lol!

My Hedgehog Oscar

A not-so-recent pic!

too cute for words!!!!! :)

Well their spines lay like fur usually. When they are flat like that it doesn't hurt - but when their angry, their spines stand on end. That's why he has to smell my hand to recognise me so I can pick him up!

I am a soon-to-be new mom to a hedgie in just a couple of hours!! and have been parusing this site for a couple of days. What a wonderful resource - I loved the picture of your Daisy's home and have been debating about the mesh units or the wire units that Rosie has: (broken link removed)
I was also wondering the purpose of the cable you have - just added support?

I know we'll have fun - and my 13 year old daughter is going to foo-foo the cage up big time.
Mary

Someone suggested I use the cable as some hedgehogs can be good climbers. That said Daisy has never climbed, I think the mesh grids are too difficult to climb anyway.

I think I'll make him a cage using the leftover grids from the piggies. From what I've experienced with my hedgehog.. they don't need a huge amount of space (don't run, always sleeping..etc..) He did used to have a hamster ball that he would wonder around the house in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.