Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

This seems friendly. Introducing my baby, Mr. Syd Monk.

ILoveMySyd

Cavy Slave
Syd was a gift from my awesome boyfriend. I told him I'd had guinea pigs for years, and when I came home, there was a baby critter and a cage and a pigloo and hay and everything necessary to help get him adjusted.
I fell in love with him immediately. Was a little worried about how to take care of a solo piggie at first, but Syd's a little aggressive toward other animals, and had distanced himself from the herd he was raised with before he came home. I've heard of it happening to other guinea pigs, and he seems happy enough, so maybe he's just one of the ones that doesn't do well in groups.
His favorite foods are red leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes, mint, and my fingers if I get tomato on them.

I love this little dude. He snuggles with me, listens to everything I have to say with no more judgment than one of those looks that demands a treat. He nuzzles hands and stands on his hind legs if he thinks it means attention. It's like having a little dog. Only Syd doesn't dig through the garbage. :D

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
He's very handsome! (I'm partial to crested boars, as I have a pair myself.) Welcome!

Shahbazin

Cavy Slave
He's a very neat looking little guy - love that expression he's aiming at the camera! The crest & black "sideburn" on his right really give him an interesting look - is the left side of his face solid black, or does he have markings on that side, too?

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome!! He is very beautiful and striking.

ILoveMySyd

Cavy Slave
He's a very neat looking little guy - love that expression he's aiming at the camera! The crest & black "sideburn" on his right really give him an interesting look - is the left side of his face solid black, or does he have markings on that side, too?

The left side of his face is solid black. He's like a little guinea pig version of Two-Face. I'll probably put more photos up here at some point.

RoxieJo

Cavy Slave
Welcome- he is a beautiful piggie! My piggies were an anniversary gift from my husband (I had never had guinea pigs before and have absolutely fallen in love with them!)

ILoveMySyd

Cavy Slave
Welcome- he is a beautiful piggie! My piggies were an anniversary gift from my husband (I had never had guinea pigs before and have absolutely fallen in love with them!)

Of all the animals I've had (or who have claimed me as their person/slave), I think guinea pigs are the ones who make me happiest. They don't jump on people, they don't sniff butts (all that often), you can easily hear which noise is a request for what, and you can usually fit them in one hand.
They're so easy to fall in love with. You know you're nuts about your guinea pig when the first bookmark on your new computer is a reference for what's safe to feed them, and how often. True story.

I'm so happy this place exists. It's dedicated to guinea pigs and their People. And everyone's so nice! Best forum on the internet? I think so.

RoxieJo

Cavy Slave
Of all the animals I've had (or who have claimed me as their person/slave), I think guinea pigs are the ones who make me happiest. They don't jump on people, they don't sniff butts (all that often), you can easily hear which noise is a request for what, and you can usually fit them in one hand.
They're so easy to fall in love with. You know you're nuts about your guinea pig when the first bookmark on your new computer is a reference for what's safe to feed them, and how often. True story.

I'm so happy this place exists. It's dedicated to guinea pigs and their People. And everyone's so nice! Best forum on the internet? I think so.

Yes, this forum and website are amazing! I didn't even know it existed until I had my piggies for about a month... I had been doing what I thought was right for them, but I found out I was doing pretty much everything wrong! The people here have been so helpful. My piggies lives are so SO much better thanks to everything I've learned here. I have had all kinds of pets as well (dogs, cats, chickens, you name it) but my piggie girls have absolutely stolen my heart :) My husband regularly makes fun of me about how much time I spend on this forum!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.