Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage What should I do?

iloveanimals

Cavy Slave
So, as Buddy's Christmas present I was planning on building him a C&C cage because he lives in a petstore one ( I know this is frowned upon)...

I had some questions for when I get started. I am going to stop the Carefresh bedding and switch to fleece. But where do you really find fleece? Also, for one guinea pig should I build a 2x4 or 2x3. And finally, what kind of hidey houses do you have, just for some ideas. Thanks!:)

3piggiepigs

Cavy Slave
If you can go bigger then do it, also would you plan on getting another one? as guinea pig's thrive with their own spieces unless they are lone pig's.
I use/make fleece hidey's/cuddle cups/tunnels there are lot's of pattern's in accessorie's on this site they are cheap and easy to make.

Katie_Kutthroat

Cavy Slave
I found a bunch of fleece throw blankets at good will, so look around. They also get art supplies so you might luck out and can get a good sized chunk of fleece. :)

Sirene

Cavy Slave
A lot of people buy their fleece at fabric stores, like JoAnn's Fabrics or Hancock's Fabrics. You can buy it by the yard there, so you can get the right amount for your particular cage. There are some specific things you need to know about using fleece, though, or it won't work properly (it has to be washed a certain number of times before you use it, etc). I'd recommend taking some time to read through parts of this:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/bedding/21568-fleece-project-study.html

It should tell you all you need to know!

sarahczspots

Cavy Slave
I bought the fleece blankets at RiteAid for 1.99 each. They were originally 2.99 but my friends RiteAid card too a dollar off!

TigerzGirl

Cavy Slave
You can find some fleece throw blankets at Walmart or Walgreens, K-mart, just about anywhere.

100% Polyester Fleece, look for that. :p

babygirlhagen

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x3 for two pigs. this is the absolute SMALLEST I could go for two piggies but I will be making a bigger one come April when I have a place of my own and im not just renting a room. I bought 3m of fleece in diff colors for $6.00 each at fabricland but i did notice they had a bin with all sorts of different fleece in a sale bin. The M is just a bit too big for my cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.