Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Not Eating Constipation?

Clarion

Cavy Slave
After ravenously devouring her veggies this morning an afternoon as usual, one of my piggies is suddenly acting lethargic and taking no interest in fresh foods. She seems like she might be bloated/constipated as I have not seen her poop since she started acting weird. She ate a few bites of hay but is mostly just sitting in the corner looking unhappy. I just moved to a new city (boston) and need to find a good vet in the area. If anyone has any insight as to what might be wrong and/or knows of a cavy savy vet in Boston please let me know!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
How is she doing? Sorry I just saw this--bloat in guinea pigs is very serious. Guinea pigs don't get what we call constipation very often, but after a bunch of greens it's possible she got very gassy and bloated.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.