Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Once more I have pigs

Taraptus

Cavy Slave
I'd just like to introduce myself, my names Peter, i'm from Lowestoft in England and I recently have adopted a pair of sows which I've named Rosie and Willow. I've had Guinea pigs since I was young but a few years back when I went to university my parents gave them all away. Ever since getting some more has been high on my priority list and since I've recently found a job and lost weight I decided it was time to reintroduce some piggles to my life.

I've been looking at this site and forum for a few weeks now and had decided to try a C+C cage since I don't have access to the kind of space I used to have when I lived in Oxfordshire, I found places where I could get cubes and correx from when I discovered that someone from where I work had 2 guinea pigs they wanted to get rid of.

The guinea pigs in question were being kept with 2 other pigs who were a few years older and were apparently being bullied (one does have what looks like a number of nicks in its ears where it looks like its been nibbled on). The four pigs were being kept in a cage far too small for the four of them (and outside too, I reckon most people on this site would have a fit if they saw it) but I am now building a 2X5 for them which should be completed tomorrow when the correx arrives.

I'm hoping the people on this forum will be able to answer any questions I might have regarding c+c cages and general guinea pig related matters since I just know I'll want to keep expanding the cage upwards and outwards once I get going.

amanda_d

Cavy Slave
Welcome, have fun and good luck with your cage... Post pictures when its built if you are able to :) I'm so glad your giving these Guinea Pigs a good home!

Domino & Bedhead

Cavy Slave
Welcome....and congratulations on the new additions. :)

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome!! You'll learn a lot here.

cam767

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I agree...pics would be great once you get a chance. Be sure to read the stickies at the beginning of each section. They have a ton of info. And any questions you have feel free to ask. Everyone here is great about helping out.

Taraptus

Cavy Slave
Just finished my C+C cage, heres the pic!

amanda_d

Cavy Slave
That cage looks fantastic! Great job

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Your cage is very nice, your girls will like it.
You might want to have a look at fleece for bedding. Getting cheaper in the long run and very comfy for the pigs.
Welcome to the site and you will find all you need to know here. And yes, everyone will try to help you with any question you might have. :)

cam767

Cavy Slave
Nice cage! Your pigs will LOVE it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.