Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Superpet Crinkle tunnel?

hamtaroplanet

Cavy Slave
Hello!
I am thinking of getting a crinkle tunnel for my girls this Christmas (YEAH!) haha. BUT I am worried that they will just hide in there the whole time and also they might urine and soil the tunnel and it will get on their fur.

Any comments from those who have this tunnel?

maines pigs

Cavy Slave
do you have any onther accessories in their cage like the tunnel? do they soil or urine in them? if so find something else or just get it and try it out and see what happens from there.

SkinnyPiggy

Cavy Slave
I thought the crinkle tunnel would be an amazing idea. How wrong I was! My pigs, only had the two at the time tore it to pieces! The inside liner got chewed up really made where when they would poop it would get inside the liner that was left. I also found that it could only take a couple washes before it started to lose its colour and crinkley-ness.

Maybe if you could find a different brand thats a little more washer friendly.
I saw this mat on an online pet store that has many tunnels and holes, its for ferrets. I'm thinking of getting that for my pigs for Christmas, as a floor time toy.

pinky

Cavy Slave
PVC pipes are great for them, plus they are completely washable. They come in different sizes and lengths and are very cheap.

SkinnyPiggy

Cavy Slave
Sorry, the name of the mat is "Ferret Play Mat" from Doctors Foster and Smith. Its on sale right now just so you know.:)

FlowersGrandma

Cavy Slave
Hello!
I am thinking of getting a crinkle tunnel for my girls this Christmas (YEAH!) haha. BUT I am worried that they will just hide in there the whole time and also they might urine and soil the tunnel and it will get on their fur.

Any comments from those who have this tunnel?

I had the same worries that you do. We use a grid bent into a semi circle and my guys love it. We cover it with excess fleece and can change out the pattern every cage cleaning or more often if we want. I find they are just as happy under it if it has nothing on it at all too, so you can watch them, yet somehow they feel safe. lol

Since most of us have extra grids, and extra fleece, there is really no cost whatsoever. Just spent most of the day cutting excess fleece pieces to fit ours and now my daughter can mix or match accessories for their cage. I use hanging fleece cut into fringe for them to use as hidies. No cost whatsover, and they can run in and out playing together. They are both sound asleep right now after a cage cleaning this morning. Thinking of joining them. :crazy:

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
You can make a tunnel with fleece and some foam to hold it opened. If you make it very long you might want to add some foam rings from place to place so it's not flat.

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
I had the same worries that you do. We use a grid bent into a semi circle and my guys love it. We cover it with excess fleece and can change out the pattern every cage cleaning or more often if we want. I find they are just as happy under it if it has nothing on it at all too, so you can watch them, yet somehow they feel safe. lol

Since most of us have extra grids, and extra fleece, there is really no cost whatsoever. Just spent most of the day cutting excess fleece pieces to fit ours and now my daughter can mix or match accessories for their cage. I use hanging fleece cut into fringe for them to use as hidies. No cost whatsover, and they can run in and out playing together. They are both sound asleep right now after a cage cleaning this morning. Thinking of joining them. :crazy:

Haha that is the same thing I have! Here, I have a picture in my gallery. Some reason, I cant paste it on here....

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
Ok! never mind- I just figured it out. If you want, you can check out my gallery too.

Haha, My aunt was laughing cause she said it looked like a turdy tunnel :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.