Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage placement?

loveurpetalways

Cavy Gazer
Hi everybody!

I was just curious where you guys keep your C&C cages? Currently mine is in the basement because it's so big. I'd love to have it upstairs but there is no room :-(

Where do you guys keep your cages, in the basement, kitchen, bedroom? How are you able to have so much room? I live in a one story house and can't seem to find anywhere big enough to keep the cage other than downstairs. Not to mention my mom won't let me keep the piggies in my room :-(

I'd love to hear you piggy cage placements :)

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Mine is in the living room by the computer's desk. I had to move everything and it's very crampy. But I live alone so I don't care about it.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I have one huge cage in the hallway, in both the living room and the kitchen. The boys cage is in the dining area.

Shauna&Kerri

Cavy Slave
Our cage is in our very large front room, I mean seriously the cage is 4 grids wide and 6 grids long and doesn't even cover 1/4 of the room! We have had trouble over the years filling it up with furniture, and when we got rid of the couch set that was in there, the room was seriously empty! If we ever have to move I will have to see what is available for the piggies, but I would give up furniture to make room for them. They seriously love being in the general living space and seeing us all day long.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
Mine is in the computer room. It takes up about half the room, but since that room is "mine" I made the cage huge.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Mine's in the basement too. I have them on 'my side' of the basement. There's a small TV in there as well as my washer and dryer. My son's bedroom is on the other side of the basement. I like having it down there because I can 'get away' from the kids and just spend time w/ the piggies. :)

ETA: The other reason why I like having them down there is because we had 2 tornados go through town a few years back. Fortunately, they were already in the basement. Now if we have a tornado warning/watch, I only have to worry about getting the kids, dog and myself down there for safety. The hamster lives down there too.

loveurpetalways

Cavy Gazer
Hahaha my hamster as well lives in our basment too! I enjoy having them down there to because we have a tv down there and washroom. It's partly finished so its nice down there. It doesn't get too cold or too hot which is nice. I think my piggies like it down there- it gives them the chance to have the biggiest cage I can make.
I'd love to have them upstairs, however due to lack of space they have to be downstairs, which isn't all that bad anyways.
Plus it's nice and quite and they can rest peacfully instead of being in a noisy envornment upstairs. Besdies they get loads of attention down there, so I have no worries of neglect for them :)

P.S I also plan on moving my bedroom down there if I don't go away to college in 2012, so depending on the situation by then, I may or may not be living down there aswell- things can change.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.