PDA

View Full Version : Noobie :)

GPigz
11-01-10, 09:41 am
Hey everyone! I'm new here and so far I the :love: forum!
It's seriously the best guinea pig site I have ever been on.

So, about me. I am 19, married - my husband is in the military. We are expecting a baby which I am VERY excited about!! :D We have a little 2 yr old yorkie named Jack who is a wonderful little dog. We also have a maine coon cat named Dalilah, she is my husband's love! lol.
My hubby and I share many things in common but the best one of all is our love for animals! I have always been a animal lover and so has my husband which makes life so much more enjoyable for the both of us!
We are currently living in TX because of the military base here but we are moving Nov. 12th to MD where we will be stationed for 4 years. Since we will be settled down for quite awhile I thought it was finally a good time to get a pair of guinea pigs. I have been wanting guinea pigs for a long time but since we have been moving around ever few months and stuff, it just couldn't happen. I am very excited to finally get guinea pigs! My husband is too which makes this even more better because we both have been working on there cage and its almost done! Im not going to say much more about it than its a C&C cage, but thats it. I want to post pics and make it a surprise when its finished, which should be here in about a week!

I plan to start looking around for a pair of guinea pigs in about a month or so, does anyone know of any breeders, rescues, ect. around Baltimore, MD or Fredericksburg, VA? I will be living right next to Baltimore and I have family in Fredericksburg so those would be the best and closest places for us to get some piggy's from. PA would even be an option because its not too far form MD.

Thanks for reading, I hope to stick around and get to know everyone from the forum.

Shurrim
11-01-10, 09:53 am
Welcome to the site!
Avoid petshops and breeders please.
You can probably find rescues and shelters in the Adoption section of the forum or you can check that link http://www.guinealynx.info/rescue_organizations.html
I'm sure you will have spoiled piggies!

rabbitsncavyluv
11-01-10, 11:53 am
Welcome -

Breeders are a bad choice. Please adopt/ rescue! Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder (http://www.petfinder.com)

cam767
11-01-10, 02:23 pm
Welcome! It sounds like it is a good time for you to have some pigs. Make sure to read the stickies at the top of each section. They are chock full of info. Can't wait to see the pics of the cage and pigs when you get them!