Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

animal cruelty info sites

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
I am in 8th grade, and am going to be doing a presentation on animal cruelty, how we feel they are inferior to us, we treat them as objects . . etc. . . the list goes on and on as all of you probably know.
Anyway, i want to have a lot of statistics about animals. Like, how many animals are in killed in "shelters" each year, how many animals are tested on yearly, what percent of america are vegetarians, and anything else that will convince m peers that the way the world treats animals in morally wrong!

so, i have searched google lots of times and really haven't found any good sites yet.
Thanks for everyone's help in advance!

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Well, in one city ALONE in California (forgot the city...) 60,000 animals are euthanized in shelters in that city per year. That gives basically an idea of what it would be like country-wide, I guess.

Vegetarian site:
(broken link removed)

But that was only in 2000 May.
Veggie info: https://msnbc.com/id/6008949

Laboratory experiments Q&As: (broken link removed)

Animals killed/born each year: (broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Oh, I just looked up on PETA's website. Did you know that 750 million chickens are killed each year just for meat?!
PETA's website might be of some help. So you don't have to look at the beginning thing (the movie convinced me vegetarian, but so did other great members here ;-) ) , here's the index link:
https://www.peta.org/index.asp
I haven't been to PETA's website really, so I don't know if it will help. It probably will, since they are HUGE on animal rights, ect..
Hope I helped a bit, it was just a small search. If you need more I bet I could go deeper into my search... :)

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
Thanks, i checked out the sites, and they are just what i am looking for!

vegan

Cavy Slave
Best site of all-- PETA!! lol. peta.org with give you everything you need. There is also an FAQ on the left about the different catagories (vegan, animal testing, clothing etc) Good luck on your pres girl!!!

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
Thanks a lot for all your help!

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Hope your presentation goes well! :)

Cavies4eva
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.