Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Parasites Worms?

cavycache

Cavy Slave
When I was cleaning out the litter boxes, there were about a dozen little 1 cm long worms in the fluff. They look almost exactly like the worms that my dog got treated for a couple of months ago. Could the pigs have the same worms that my dog had? I'm really worried. They don't look like anything is wrong, but they could just be hiding it. Do I need to take my piggies to the vet? Could they have gotten the worms from another source other than my dog?
The cage was last cleaned a week ago, and I poop-scoop everyday. I've gone longer than this without cleaning the cage and I have never seen the worms before.

cavycache

Cavy Slave
Could they be fly larvae? We have had a lot of those pesky things flying around lately. It still looks an awful lot like the worms that my dog got...

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
1cm looks long a bit for fly larvae. Did you find more? If so I wouldn't take a chance and at least call a vet. I don't know if they can get worms, sorry.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.