Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Best lap time ever!

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
I took Doby on couch for some cuddle time tonight, even if I know he's not a very snuggly pig. He will come for some strokes and lays on me or beside me a moment then sniffs around on the couch.
He likes trying to climb on the cushions or getting behind me.
Tonight I was laying on my side, the sleeping bag I use to get him out was on couch as usual and I always have a fleece covering me and the couch in case. He was doing his usual stuff, but a bit more snuggly than usual. Then out of nowhere he just ran toward me, threw himself to lay down (litterally!), all cuddled against me, did his little "I'm happy" sound, then closed his eyes for a nap! I couldnt believe it! He slept snuggled to me on the couch for few minutes! I melted! Then he woke up and came for a kiss on his nose and went popcorning around before coming to snuggle for more long minutes then just stayed there, searching my finger so I can stroke his head! Then I had to put him back in cage and I think I've never seen him popcorning that high. I was even afraid he would jump out the cage. He was doing all the sounds he can and running around, coming at the grids so I can pet his nose through bars.
For those who despair with their piggies, never give up! With patience and care you will get your pig to trust you.
I just cant still believe it! I'm so happy I could jump around and popcorn too hahahaha

fazillas

Cavy Slave
Dont you just love the little fur balls? They know exactly what to do to steal your heart!

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
I'm so happy I could jump around and popcorn too hahahaha

Very happy for you, it is indeed so rewarding when they decide...."Okay I will love you a bit more"

Also as Shurrim said....don't ever give up

cam767

Cavy Slave
Awww....what a wonderful story. I'm glad that Doby is getting more cuddly.

YayPiggies

Cavy Slave
Aww, sweet. My guinea pigs don't like snuggling one bit :'(

Domino & Bedhead

Cavy Slave
A very cute story. Sometimes it just seems they make the decision that you are okay and love you to pieces. Congrats on a new meaning to cuddle time. :)

Hollyberries008

Cavy Slave
I know what you mean. I finally got Floyd to calm down, and not crawl all over my net, and head. He was just all sprawled on my shoulder, and stretching out his little legs. lol. I think he's starting to love his momma! : )

Thanks for sharing. Hope he keeps up with the cuddles!

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Thanks!
Well I think he will, today he started whistling for strokes!
I think we went another step in the "love" process.
He doesnt bite me hard anymore, he just make me feel his teeth. That's a huge step! Will help me not being scared about taking him.

They are so cute when they stretch!

SquareWheels30

Cavy Slave
That is so sweet. I'm so happy for you and Doby!! You've only had him a few months, right? That's excellent progress.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
That's fantastic! That is a great story. You are obviously doing something right.
I would love to have snuggle-pigs! But I love them snuggly or not!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Aww that's such a cute story!! Congrats. :)

My pigs don't like being cuddled, touched, or to have me be near them unless I have food in my hands. I'm a bit jealous :p

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
I have him since 2 months now. Maybe it helps that I'm home. I pass a lot of time talking to him, petting him. My computer is next to the cage so it helps. I've tried to avoid anything that would scare him, like loud or sudden noise or surprising him.
I'm just worrying that it wouldn't stay like this once I'm back to work. Yes I will have him a buddy. I'm often at shelter and nothing yet. They received 10 but the vet told she wasnt sure they were healthy enough for adoption and no decision is made yet. In ads I only find what looks like breeders.
Anyway, I'm just doing what I think is good. I'm just lucky he opened up to trust me that fast.
Fresian.m, don't give up! Since when do you have yours?
Yaypiggies, I'm sure they do other things and love you in their way. Or maybe they need more time.
Thanks everyone! :)
They really brightens up our lives!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
I've had Pippin since January, and Merry since June. They are both very shy. Merry's the worst. I've had a couple of times where they would relax a bit.. but never really bond with me.

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
Awwww great story! That is super cute that he was snuggling. He must love you :)

guineapig67

Cavy Slave
Aww! How cute :). My pigs don't seem to like when I pick them up.... :expressio

pixxie

Cavy Slave
One time in early morning I couldn't go back to sleep. I wanted something to do because I was bored to death, so I got Dizzy out of her cage and put her under my blanket on my stomach. I actually fell asleep (and dizzy did too before I did) and when I woke up half an hour later she was still sleeping in that exact spot! no accidents any were (she knows I hate when she "GOES" on my bed. Guinea pigs are like children in a way, they can understand you with a little time) when I woke up, dizzy woke up minutes later and started squeaking and popcorning and liking me! I was so happy. lol!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.