Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bunkbeds?

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
So I want to make a bunkbed in the cage, I have some grids left over and I figure it will save space and they wont be able to move it. I was thinking something like this but I dont know how you would put clean fleece in without removing the zip ties each time. Piggy Bunkbeds! - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

Any suggestions?? Photos would rule as well. I only have coroplast and grids so yeah nothing crazy :cool:

cam767

Cavy Slave

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
It looks like the coro is maybe zip tied but the fleece and stuff is just tucked under and laying there. You could also use those velcro zip ties. It's easy to put on and off and they are reusable. You can find them at Home Depot.
Amazon.com: Belkin F8B024 8-Inch Velcro Cable Ties: Electronics

I didn't even know those existed! Thanks! I am going to plan up something tomorrow probably, maybe tonight. I might get those though...

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
I know i'm planning on bunkbeds for when I'll get another piggy and I was thinking about doing like a pillowcase kind of thing with the fleece, mine would be in corner with only 2 beds but I would sew 2 sides, and puts snaps on other 2 sides so the fleece holds onto the grid. Still thinking, will probably have to put another band of fabric between to hold the snaps correctly.

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
I actually thought of a great way! I started it tonight and will finish tomorrow. I bent a grid in half and zip tied it to the wall. That way I can lift it. Then I zip tied a whole grid to the front of the bent grid. Still allows it to fold all the way up, so I can change fleece and it still has protection. They will be able to jump on both sides to get up, or maybe just one not sure. It will be a bunkbed/tunnel mix, hopefully they will love it.
Probably doesn't make sense in writing but I'll take pics and post a tip up when I finish it. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.