Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia fleece

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
O.K I'm confused. When you refer to fleece, does that mean what I know as POLAR FLEECE or FLEECY SWEATSHIRT fabric? I really want to try this for bedding but I'm unsure what to use.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Buy the thickest fleece possible, it doesn't really matter what its called.

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
kathryn, I am pretty sure from viewing the gallery photos that the fleece used is what we call polar fleece here in Oz. I have tried the polar fleece and it works really well.

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the replies ! I'll try polar fleece I was unsure because I know that my piggies will chew it cause they chew every thing - I mean every thing - even each others hair - some interesting hair styles! If I want the ones with longer hair to stay that way I have to keep them seperate

kat

Alanas

Cavy Slave
How do you guys go with fleece and your piggies peeing? I am using wood shavings at the moment and most of them go in the litter tray, I am hoping that when I put fleece in there they will only pee in the litter tray, have I got my hopes up too high?

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
Hi Alanas, using polar fleece works great, even if your pigs don't use a litter box. Our two girls sometimes use the litter box but not often enough! The fleece is great though as it wicks the moisture through to whatever you have underneath i.e. towels, newspaper etc. so keeps the top fleece layer very dry for quite a while.

Alanas

Cavy Slave
Do you clean it every day? I usually clean mine every second day.

honeysmum

Cavy Slave
We clean up any poo on that isn't in the litter box every day ie off the fleece or from inside their hidey houses, clean out the litter box every 2-3 days and completely change over the fleece once a week.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.