Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello World!

donaldsl

Cavy Slave
Hello all!

I am not totally new to the forum, I have been here since last March - April.

I am now taking in some foster GP, so I figured I would come out of the wood work and post about the girls.

There are 2 of them, between 6mths and 1 yr old. They are currently living at another foster mom's house in a C&C 3X2 pen with an upstairs. I have jet to see them. I am picking them up on Wed. I believe.

We are all (my housemates and I) are very excited to welcome them into our house for as long as we are needed!

Their names are Miley and Hannah. I wonder if a young girl named them? lol

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
thanks for fostering! I am fostering a 10wk old puppy right now, which is a ton of work... but very rewarding.

A 3x2 is actually a little bit too small of a cage for two piggies. Are you taking that cage, or building your own? Even if you take that cage you could always expand to be a 2x4, which is the recommended size.

They could have been named by little girls, I know my sister would love those names! lol she's a huge Hannah Montanna fan :) She actually just named one of her kittens Hannah. You could always change the names if you wanted.

donaldsl

Cavy Slave
I am taking the cage from the first foster mom's house. I think I may take down the upper level, depending on how large it is, and add it to the main floor to make it a bit larger. I kinda wish it was the correct size right away! but we shall have fun putting the new cage together!

Apparently, before they came to the current foster mom, they were in a shelter and had been surrendered by a family with children. From what I can gather they are quite shy and not the most trusting of humans.

mtm88781

Cavy Slave
Great job for fostering, it truely is a great experience!

Welcome to this fun and informative foum :)

cam767

Cavy Slave
Congrats on becoming a foster! I really wish I could do foster work with some animals but I know my youngest son would become too attached and then be heartbroken about giving them up. Make sure you post pics when you get them. I bet they are cute. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.