Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Looking for a long haired piggie in Toronto

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I already have two piggies but I was thinking of adding a third. I looked on petfinder (and found 3 long haired piggies but they are all in Newmarket. I don't have a car and I can't take animals on the go train). They don't have any long haired piggies at the Humane Society.

It's not an urgent thing. I was just thinking an older sow might help my younger piggies settle down. If anyone knows of a long haired female in Toronto let me know. Thanks.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Never mind. Got a piggie at the THS. Yippie!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Make sure you post pictures!

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Sorry, 3 is the most I can have. I live in an apartment and only have room for so many animals.

Slap Maxwell I posted pics in the cavy chat thread.

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I got my 2 from the Ottawa Humane Society and found them to be very friendly and helpful. A little dippy on the email but hey...you can't win them all =)

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
The Toronto Humane Society was OK, but I figured they would be a bit more stringent on the interview. All they really seemed to ask was how big my cage was, how I would intergrate her with my girls and where's your ID. And here I am thinking I had to go through dietary plans and how much I clip thier nails. If I would have know it was so easy I would have adopted my first two girls (but then I wouldn't have my first two whom I love very much. I guess everything works out in the end)

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I too was very surprised at how easy it was to adopt. They didn't even ask me for ID (I hope they forgot). But it certainly wasn't the long process I was expecting.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Shelters definetilly are A LOT easier to adopt from than rescues. The last rescue I adopted from I filled out a 3-4 page application, waited for it to be approved, then had to give permission to my vets and references to talk to her, and she called all of my references and vets.

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Maybe I'm wrong and maybe Cavylover can help me out here, but I don't think there are any guinea pig rescues here in Ottawa. I searched everywhere and the closest I could find was a ferret rescue which would have been wonderful. But I didn't want a ferret. lol.
So the OHS it is. I'll tell ya though, I had seen the pics of my 2 on their website for a little while before I went there and they looked like a couple of drowned rats. It was horrible. When I actually got there though, they just stole my heart and you can see from my pics that they're pretty darn cute after all.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
The THS website wasn't even updated. The pig I wanted on thier website wasn't there and judging from the dusty laminated picture of her in the success strory posters she hasn't been there for a while. But Kero's mother is also on the website. Go fig.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.