PDA

View Full Version : C&C I have a expanding obsession!

Kimberly713
09-28-10, 02:54 pm
Haha, well I JUST made a entirely new cage for them late last week right? Well, like the next day I started thinking of ways to make it bigger lol. Fortunately I can't expand it anymore than I have now (2x4, 2 floors) because my room and house are so stinkin small, otherwise I probably would have :cool:
I am thinking I'm not alone though, especially on this site, theres gotta be tons of cage building addicts!

I am now occupying myself with coroplast cabins and custom made hayracks lol.

lissie
09-28-10, 03:14 pm
I'm an addict too! I've remodeled my cage more than 10 times in the first year I had them. I've gone from 2x4 to 2x4 with loft to 2x6 to 4x6 with 2x6 loft to 2x6 stacked to 2x6 with 2 lofts to 2x7 to 2x8 l-shape now back to 2x7. lol
I've changed my cage so often I don't even have pictures of some of the revisions.

3piggiepigs
09-28-10, 03:26 pm
Me too, I've had my piggie's a couple of month's and changed it about 4 time's here's my latest YouTube - porrige in hay rack.MP4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cje_B9ivJ7k)

fresian.m
09-28-10, 03:35 pm
Join the club!!! I once had a 40 square foot cage thanks to my expanding addictions. =P

skinnypigs
09-28-10, 04:52 pm
I think this happens to the best of us! I have changed my cage three times. It is as big as it can go pretty much right now so I will leave it be. It's a 4 by 5 with a 2 by 2 loft.

Shurrim
09-28-10, 05:09 pm
I also think about changing my cage, I have a 2x4 plus a 2x1 loft but it's the largest I can do right now, my place is so small.
I can't wait to move and I plan to decide on my next appartment or house depending on cage space XD

cam767
09-28-10, 05:21 pm
We've haven't even had the pigs a month and I've already changed the cage 2x. With the 6 extra grids I'm trying to figure out how to do it again. lol I, too, wish we had more room.

lissie
09-28-10, 05:28 pm
I also think about changing my cage, I have a 2x4 plus a 2x1 loft but it's the largest I can do right now, my place is so small.
I can't wait to move and I plan to decide on my next appartment or house depending on cage space XD

How big is your place? Can you move the furniture around? I have a small apartment too. 700sq.ft One bedroom apartment for 4 hoomans and 3 piggers.
Here's how I rearranged my place.
http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/cafe/56677-making-space.html

Kimberly713
09-28-10, 05:29 pm
Join the club!!! I once had a 40 square foot cage thanks to my expanding addictions. =P

That'd totally be me if I had the space. But i dont think even I have 40 square feet of space in my room haaha
At that point 'd let them go wherever they want lol.

Shurrim
09-28-10, 06:07 pm
No Lissie.. all my furniture is touching each other, place is very very small :(
I will just expand a second floor until I move in July. the 2x4 actually takes up all the room left in living room.

brindyzoeycandy
09-28-10, 06:24 pm
I've expanded so much in the last 6 months - and I never take pics of it because within a week or so it's just not perfect.

Started out with a 3x5 w/ a 1x5 loft. (Three sows housed at first, then four)
Then went to a 3x5 w/ a 1x3 loft, and the cage went up on my old bedframe.
And then we downsized to a 2x5.
Then to a stacked 2x5 with a third 1x2 level.
Took away the stacked 2x5, and just had the 1x2 level.
The cage went off of the bedframe, and became a 3x4 (and this point it became three grids high because I adopted a rabbit - two grids high for the bunny with a 1x3 loft, and then a 3x4 for the pigs)
Then the pigs got two 1x3 lofts connected by a bridge, and I adopted another rabbit so I put up another 1x3 loft.
Then the lofts for the pigs came down, and it was just nothing.
And FINALLY after I adopted a fifth pig I made a 2x4 upstairs, but it's not stacked because there is a grid in the middle of it so it's still open in the bottom...hard to understand. So two pigs will live upstairs in the 2x4 and 3 in the 3x4.

I have a feeling I forgot one or two cage changes...

Kimberly713
09-28-10, 08:20 pm
I have already though of a way to change mine but it takes 2 weeks to get more red coro and I would gget crazy made fun of by my parents and friends lol, they think the piggies are too spoiled already :)