Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Brands for Rabbit Food?

MeganT

Cavy Slave
I'm just wondering what everyone would suggest for the best brand of rabbit pellets...everything I look at doesn't have enough crude fibre in it. I was using kaytee timothy complete, but I cant seem to find it anymore (or at least its not in stock). I'm trying kaytee forti-diet, has anyone heard anything about it?

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
I would never use any kind of kaytee food. They put cancer-causing chemicals as well as other harmful chemicals into their food, and they are not known for quality. Avoid pellets with seeds and other "junk" as it is unhealthy and potentially fatal for rabbits.

Some pellets that I would reccomend: Oxbow, American pet diner, Alfalfa king, purina.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I would recommend Oxbow: (broken link removed)

synesthesia

Cavy Slave
bunnyluv17 said:
I would never use any kind of kaytee food. They put cancer-causing chemicals as well as other harmful chemicals into their food, and they are not known for quality. Avoid pellets with seeds and other "junk" as it is unhealthy and potentially fatal for rabbits.

Some pellets that I would reccomend: Oxbow, American pet diner, Alfalfa king, purina.

This i did not know. No wonder I didn't want to buy their bedding. Plus they insist on selling junk food for rabbits as well as pine bedding >.<.

MeganT

Cavy Slave
problem is i'm in edmonton, canada. they don't sell oxbow here and its hard to find alot of the brands...not a big bunny city i guess.

luvfamrap

Cavy Slave
All you have do is go to the oxbow website and order it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.