PDA

View Full Version : Brands for Rabbit Food?

MeganT
04-09-05, 01:41 am
I'm just wondering what everyone would suggest for the best brand of rabbit pellets...everything I look at doesn't have enough crude fibre in it. I was using kaytee timothy complete, but I cant seem to find it anymore (or at least its not in stock). I'm trying kaytee forti-diet, has anyone heard anything about it?

bunnyluv17
04-09-05, 06:47 am
I would never use any kind of kaytee food. They put cancer-causing chemicals as well as other harmful chemicals into their food, and they are not known for quality. Avoid pellets with seeds and other "junk" as it is unhealthy and potentially fatal for rabbits.

Some pellets that I would reccomend: Oxbow, American pet diner, Alfalfa king, purina.

Slap Maxwell
04-09-05, 01:33 pm
I would recommend Oxbow: www.oxbowhay.com (http://www.oxbowhay.com)

synesthesia
04-13-05, 09:05 pm
I would never use any kind of kaytee food. They put cancer-causing chemicals as well as other harmful chemicals into their food, and they are not known for quality. Avoid pellets with seeds and other "junk" as it is unhealthy and potentially fatal for rabbits.

Some pellets that I would reccomend: Oxbow, American pet diner, Alfalfa king, purina.

This i did not know. No wonder I didn't want to buy their bedding. Plus they insist on selling junk food for rabbits as well as pine bedding >.<.

MeganT
04-14-05, 11:47 pm
problem is i'm in edmonton, canada. they don't sell oxbow here and its hard to find alot of the brands...not a big bunny city i guess.

luvfamrap
04-23-05, 08:11 am
All you have do is go to the oxbow website and order it.