PDA

View Full Version : Rabbits and Coroplast

JennLin22
07-10-03, 12:36 pm
Hey guys,
I'm new here and I see there isn't much talk about rabbits so sorry if I'm posting this at the wrong place. Even though I don't have a rabbit yet, I want to get one and I love the C&C cage idea. However, all the rabbit cages I've seen have boards or rugs at the bottom of the cage. So, is it okay to put a rabbit in a coroplast cage, and if not, what do you do while you're litterbox training it? Thanks for your help.
~Jenn :D

Briana D
07-11-03, 06:36 am
I think with rabbits the coroplast and their chewing is a problem. I know nothing about rabbits so I don't know how their chewing compares to that of a guinea pig.

A lot of people use pens - almost a free run type of step up. I think the House Rabbit Society has some good ideas on rabbits enclosures. www.rabbit.org

JennLin22
07-11-03, 09:20 am
Yeah, I saw those pictures. I guess my main problem is that I wouldn't know what to keep it in while potty training it. :p Oh well, I'm sure I'll think of something. :D Thanks Briana.
~Jenn

lchap87
07-11-03, 11:47 am
I have had two rabbits. I tried to put one i a c&c cage he chewed it up. I had two diferent good cages. I used a puppy crate and he couldnt get out of it and couldnt chew it up. I also had a hutch. It had a wire buttom and a plastic tray underneather filled with bedding. He eventually figured out how to get out of that one. I hop this helps.

~Laura

JennLin22
07-11-03, 05:43 pm
It chewed out of the C&C cage? Dang it! I just bought another box of cubes today to make a bigger cage. *sigh* Any ideas for a different base that they can't chew up?
Thanks for the advice, Laura.
~Jenn

lchap87
07-18-03, 07:21 am
Well, Im not sure about other things rabbits wont chew. My rabbit liked to chew EVERYTHING. Yours could be different. You could try it and if he/she does chew the cage be carefull i think its harmfull to them. Like i said i think the best cage my rabbit ever had was a large puppy crate. He had a lot of space and didnt chew it. Good luck. Hope this helped.

~Laura