Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Impaction Need some information to help him feel better!

Ionues

Cavy Slave
Sorry I have a lot of questions about impaction. I think my Lampo is impacted because some stuff in his anus.
Currently I use shaving bedding, do I need to start to use fleece?

In guinealynx.info, they say "Sometimes your guinea pig will ingest some of these pellets if you feed them to him, however, more often than not, you will have to supplement his diet with vitamin B-complex (25mg per day dissolved in water, applied by syringe)." by https://www.guinealynx.info/impaction.html

It's a stinky stuff, is it alright to let them eat? But I think I will get vitamin B-complex for him ( pet store? ) and after clean them with mineral oil by using syringe, do we need to clean them again with water?
and what's is a Q-Tip mean? Is any way that help him gain his physical condition? thanks you so much for all your answers or replies!!

Ionues

Cavy Slave
oh Now I know what a Q-tip is, thanks you

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Yes, it is good for him to eat his smelly stuff you get out of his sac. However, many pigs don't like to.

When I clean out impacted pigs I don't do the thorough cleaning ever time. Sometimes I just expel the glob.

How large is your cage? The more your pig gets exercise the better for him. Also, make sure he has plenty of hay at all times. Does he have a companion? Pigs with a cage mate tend to move around more.

Ionues

Cavy Slave
I bought a cage at petsmart, 30"L x 18"W x 16.5"H (Overall Height 21") 2 level. Usually he likes to run around my living room but now he only sit when I let him play around, and he scream when I hold him too. He has a plenty of hay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.