Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Seriously overweight pig

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
My girl Natasha has been slowly but steadily gaining weight the past several months. She is up to 2lbs 10oz and has been there for three weeks now. Every week when I weigh her her weight either goes up or stays the same. She doesn't bully anyone out of their food but she is an aggressive eater.
To provide a bit of background info,
Natasha is 1.5 years old,
she has had one [accidental] litter and was spayed soon after.
She has never had any health issues [URI, UTI, etc].
I feed my 5 girls 1/3 cup of Sweet Meadow timothy pellets to share between them--I give extra to my oldest pig who is not as easy a keeper as the rest, during lap time--unlimited hay, 1.5 cups of greens/veggies each daily, and fruit 2 or 3 times a month.
Her brother, Milo, weighs 2lbs 5oz and seems perfectly fine, but Natasha just seems uncomfortably huge. When I pick her up she wheezes a bit--like she can't breathe easily, not like a URI.
I have searched GuineaLynx and this forum and found nothing helpful. Is this a symptom of an illness, and if not, how can I get her to lose weight?

Last edited:

Ionues

Cavy Slave
same to my Ipin too, she's over 2 lbs and she's always get hungry

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.