Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n One step closer...

dona83

Cavy Slave
Well folks, I've officially cut all meat out except fish off my diet (still thinking about that one, much like Piglet it's a bit hard to get away from fish when living in a very coastal environment, but I've definitely thought about it, and I strongly feel that one day I will want to become a full lacto-ovo vegetarian) and all non-organic dairy products. Well actually I haven't had any meat at all since I saw that video anyway, and I only have fish at work aha, I dunno and I think these days when there are such good alternatives to meat, there's no excuse anymore. Anyway I feel good about it :) I mean, I've been feeling pretty weak anyway, mostly because of my school schedule, and I hope my new diet will help me regain my strength... i'm in pretty bad shape right now, I slept like 14 hours on Tuesday night because I really needed to... can anyone recommend some good supplements I can take that might help? Anyway I'm really happy to join the good side and all. :)

On a side note, I was talking to my friend, who's a devoted Catholic, and when she asked me why I would do that... I then proceeded to say that meat was simply a temptation, a sin, much like what she preaches about premaritial sex being a temptation, a sin. She did shut up after that.

There's one for the good guys. :)

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Congrats!!! You'll need to find a multi-vitamin, they even sell them specifically for veggies if you want one like that, but just a simple multi-vitamin with 100% B12 and iron should be good. It's easier to take than a straight-up iron pill and all the seperate vitamins if your stomach can handle it. Even try out the kids' chewable ones--they can work well and usually are pretty cheap if you get them in a large bottle. :)

dona83

Cavy Slave
Yah I'm taking multivitamins right now but I think more than anything I need to get some exercise hehe, but then I usually like walk one hour a day anyway, so I'm guessing I also need more sleep, but right now i'm feeling good in general. And by the way, I'm a Flintstone's kid. ;) actually I need to look around for an iron-less multivitamin because last blood test my iron level was really high, and anyway I think I can get enough iron from vegetables anyway so I'm going to continue my iron-less multi vitamin until my iron level becomes too low. But I really have a craving for Flintstones right now heh.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I just learned that Flintstones vitamins are the only multi vitamin with vitamin K. Strange, eh? One of my cousins needs vitamin K for some reason (I think it has to do with his lung transplant but I'm not sure how. Even his mother isn't sure why, she just know he needs it.)

I would have never known if I hadn't gone shopping with Auntie. :) Then again I learn lots of things from her. Now I wonder what vitamin K does. Anyone have any ideas?

They also have adult chewable vitamins. I have a hard time swallowing pills and since I have to take one twice a day I have to take one at work and I don't always have water with me. I use Jamieson's chewable VitaVim, but it only comes in one flavour :(

dona83

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

According to this page, Vitamin K is required to control blood-clotting for one...

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Good for you.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Wow, that makes sense. My cousin probabaly needs it to help woth any post operative bleeding. I have to mail that to my Aunt. She was wondering too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.