Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Emily & Betty

EmilyRose93

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is Emily. I'm a new piggie owner. I started off with Betty and Veronica, but Veronica unfortunately passed away quite early.

My two piggies were rescues from a neighbour who thought both her piggies were female, until they ended up breeding and having heaps of babies. They were living in an outdoor aviary, filled with birds and living off weeds from the garden. It was really quite distressing.

Betty is currently living in a large cage (approx 3 sq feet) until Monday when I am buying some grids and putting her into a lovely 9 sq feet C&C cage. I am also going to get another piggy for her to share her life with.

I'm not sure if, as a new member, I can post photos, but I'm going to try...

6fc55be7.jpg

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Aw, she's the picture of sweetness.

Welcome, and enjoy watching your little one get happy with the world!

mtm88781

Cavy Slave
She will definately be one happy girl woth her noce big cage soon to come. Definately a step up from a bird aviary :)

Welcome to GPC, and I hope you find yourself around :)

Domino & Bedhead

Cavy Slave
Welcome and you are wonderful for taking this piggie, very lucky to have you. Are you getting another from a shelter? :) and she is is gorgeous....

EmilyRose93

Cavy Slave
Hi Domino,

Unfortunately none of the shelters close to me take guinea pigs - they mostly go to the cavy sanctuary in Brisbane which is two hours away, otherwise I certainly would.

Another reason I chose to take it from the neighbour situation is because I know the shelter has quite a good adoption rate, whereas these poor piggies would've been stuck in that aviary for god knows how long :(

EmilyRose93

Cavy Slave
However, I am happy to announce a new addition to our piggy family :)

This is Flo.

She is quite a terrified little piggie, and comes from the same situation as Betty. They're getting along quite well, but never of them have quite adjusted to me yet and still scuttle into their hide whenever they see me coming.

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Adorable! They are both gorgeous and well done for rescuing them! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of their lovely new cage when you get it finished! Building those things is addictive :).

Has your neighbour stopped (accidentally) breeding the poor pigs now?

EmilyRose93

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone.

As some of you may know, it turned out Peggy-Sue was pregnant. She gave birth to one stillborn pup and then passed away that night :( I was devastated, but I knew Betty needed a friend so I adopted a new girl named Maude.

I don't have pictures of Maude right now, but I'll update with some later.

This post is actually to introduce Cupid. I was browsing Gumtree (like an Australian Craigslist), and I saw a listing advertising her. She has a very unique colouring (at least, to me) so I decided to adopt her! It was a bit impulsive, but we have enough room and she was just so beautiful that I couldn't resist. We drove a four hour round-trip to get her!

The thing about Cupid is she's actually quite heavily pregnant. The babies are due any day now, so I'm really excited to meet them :) I'll be rehoming them, though (but only to people I 100% trust will take care of them!).

She's very sweet natured, but shy - you can tell she wants love!
!

cam767

Cavy Slave
Oh, Maude is precious. I sure hope the delivery goes ok. Please keep us updated.

EmilyRose93

Cavy Slave
I will! I'm hoping it'll be in the next few days, I'm so excited :) It's her second litter and she is about a year old, so she is pretty low-risk as far as guinea pig pregnancies go, but I am a bit nervous because of what happened to Peggy Sue :(

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry about Peggy Sue. I hope Cupid's pregnancy goes well. Let us know.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.