Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Cage video!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave

anwaflynurse

Cavy Slave
You have a huge cage! Just curious; where is it located and do the piggies use all the areas? Wish I had the room. I would love to run it along the walls, maybe behind the couch, under the table, would be so cool.

genuinefairy

Cavy Slave
Woowwwwww it is an awesome cage of epic proportions! I like the starry fleece :D I need to get me some more cool fleece...
Oh and I think your voice is fine :)
You sure must be tired after all them renovations :O

BFarnsey

Cavy Slave
Oh my GOODNESS. You don't ever stop, do you? But it just keeps getting better and better! I love the pathway idea. And anwaflynurse, I agree. Having little pathways behind the couch and everywhere else would be so fun! A hassle to clean, but I love the idea of it!

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
It is huge!! Is it hard to clean? I bet the pigs love to run around.

guineapig67

Cavy Slave
Thats a big cage!! gigantic compared to my cage now. Was it hard to make?? I need to expan my cage soon if I keep the babies. Im really terrible it it.

brindyzoeycandy

Cavy Slave
What a big cage!

Just to let you know though your waffle house is upside down, lol.

gimmepigs

Cavy Slave
Your cage is fantastic! The hallways are my favorite part! Is your fish cozy meant for that purpose? I would love one of those!! I agree with everyone else, your voice is fine!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone!!

OK well the 3X5 part is under my top bunk, with storage above it, then the 2X5 part reaches all the way across my room, then the pathway goes right beside the desk, with a 2X2 area where ever there is space. This is all in my own SMALL bedroom. It dominates my room, and for me to be able to do homework at my desk, the legs of my chair sit in the guinea pig cage. I don't know how I found space for such a cage, but I did, lol.
It's not hard to clean at all. It's all fairly open and easy to get to. I do have a problem with the piggies trying to get at the garbage bags underneath, so I might get some bricks to hold it down. I'm getting a piggybedspread in two weeks for the 3X5 (SO EXCITED!) that'll make it even easier.

I love making cages, so expanding is a blast for me. Ideas usually come late at night, so I usually spend all night on a weekend making a bigger cage. But I'm now out of grids, and space. ): But my parents might strangle me if I made it any bigger anyway. :eek:

Brindy- lol yeah I know. I cleaned it, and put it upside down, and never changed it. The pigs still use it though.

Thanks everyone!! I'm LOVING it and the pigs are too!

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Boy, that cage is great!!! I bet they have a lot of fun!!!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Oops, forgot a couple questions.

Ok the pigs adore that fish. THey sleep in it all the time. It was a bit on the expensive side, but SO worth it.

The pigs use every part of the cage. I spread their toys (I need more now lol) around the whole cage, so they travel around, using the various hideys and cozies, but they spend a lot of time in the 2X5 part, that's where the hay is. THey usually run to the end of the pathway when I come in though, hoping for veggies. :D

This cage almost spans the whole perimeter of my room. THe only space left is the closet, the doorway, and the space in the middle of the U shape.:cheerful:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.